Project Puma 'Black'

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i personally havent got the skills nor machinery for lightening the flywheel but i know people who do so will look into it more soon

Not much has been happening with the car over the last week, I have a new FRP gearbox which I need to get the LSD fitted to, and I have also just bought a new lower strut brace - mine started knocking after I caught it on a kerb.

I am thinking that I won't bother replacing the clutch and flywheel at the moment, the clutch is only around 17k old, and seems fine.

Massive thumbs up to Scott (Burgerboy) for my FRP engine sticker from Puma-Schmiede, pics don't really do it justice;

FRP155PSEnginesticker005.jpg

FRP155PSEnginesticker004.jpg

FRP155PSEnginesticker006.jpg

Also some plans are afoot for a new steering wheel;

100_5015.jpg

FiestaGhiaSteeringWheel002.jpg

FiestaGhiaSteeringWheel004.jpg

FiestaGhiaSteeringWheel005.jpg

I am also planning on switching out my cat, to see if that solves my clearance problem with a relative's driveway.

use a paint marker pen check mine it hasnt been messed up iand ts been like that for the last 2 months
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7504" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pics;

NewFRPgearbox.jpg

New FRP gearbox

NewFRPLSD.jpg

New FRP Limited Slip Differential

DensoITV16.jpg

Denso ITV16's.

Also just dropped off three of my spare wheels - I am going to have my old front tyres fitted to the two straightest wheels.

Just got the plugs in;

FittingDensoPlugs002.jpg

FittingDensoPlugs003.jpg

First time I have bothered to use that wing cover with this car, handly for putting stuff on if nothing else!

read through your thread as you instructed me to do and noticed you commented on fitting miltek stainless mani,sports cat and rear box etc and didnt notice much difference only at high revs so is it worth me fitting my stainless protech manifold or save the myself the hassle and money including sports cat

have you had your puma on a rolling road yet if so...whats the bhp?

Not had it on a r/r yet, plan to before long now that my FRP conversion is complete. It should make 155BHP, but from what I understand many FRP's make less than that. I would be happy with anything much over 140BHP.

Is a 4-2-1 worth it? Probably, so long as you are aware of the difficulties with your check engine light on later cars, and that it will be noisier. Certainly you are doing it cheaper than throwing £1k at a full Milltek system with sport cat. I am sure the 4-2-1 does increase power as the standard close coupled cat arrangement is quite restrictive, but it wasn't as significant as I had expected.

If I was to do it again, I would probably start with cams and a remap, just because the noise of the 4-2-1 is significant, especially on the motorway. Having said that the noise is quite pleasing when you are pootling around town, and especially so in multi-storey car parks.

i really dont see the point putting a £1000 miltek sytem on a car worth £1500 id rather buy a car with more power i might consider putting the manifold on with a decat after my m.o.t in 3 weeks then get a sports cat when im ready or keep the manifold and cat so when i sell up i can give it to the buyer to get it through their m.o.t if they choose to put it back on

is this a good idea if not i might just sell the protech manifold and do the cams and remap instead of wasting my time and money on the exhuast

I have no intention of selling it, so I don't really care. In the overall scheme of investment over the past 18m, the exhaust is pretty irrellevant, especially as I bought it second hand for much less than £1k. Aside from anything else, when I do sell it, most of the modifications will be removed and sold separately, so it doesn't really matter.

ive thought about buying one of the last built 2002 fsh with low mileage and swapping my parts over if im to keep the puma for a few years

how much did it cost you to replace all the dampers?

Latest posts

Back