Project Puma 'Black'

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think gonna use the adapter you used , I ve seen a lot of adapters you can aftermark most be something that will fit.

At first I was thinking buying a cheap wearless gamecontroll and make a custum wheel mount controll (use windows mediasenter or something similar .
But I like the oeem you fitted wanna start with that first maybe end up with two remote but then I can allwys gp back to the 6000CD player.

Part list:

1 adapter to be added on the back of the radio 600CD
1 adapter on the steering controller
1 steering controll mondeo

I didn't use any adaptors!

I used the remote and both plugs from the Mondeo, I didn't use ANY adaptors.

To use with a different stereo (or possibly car PC) you need adaptors.

:) okay , sorry . I mixed adapters with plugs.

Ahh I see once again my car is old:) my 6000CD dont seem to have the posibility to add the audio switch. I see from the drawing of the 2000 it has a lot more stuff/drawing of extra function.

I see there is one it says not in use but think that was the cd changer.

image.php
your car with the phone adapter you added picture off.

image.php
This is my CD player its the same as your 2001modell. But there are no phone( as the one over)

Here is the part numbers got earlier from Spike fits all 1997- puma 6000 CD but is hardly to find and expensive.
Gonna look for used parts.Still a hope. I just dont get where to put in the cabels cant see there are any place to add it (looking at the wire links)

Stalk - 1016383
Control box - 7272139
Lead - 1016384
Fixings pack - 1016382

P1020236.jpg

stalk.jpg

I have been studding the ford mondeo 1998 drawing and I see they are very similar to my car the only thing that sems to be missing is C443c . Gonna add some pictures with it marked out.

I took out my CD player today and took a picture of the player on the back side.

image.php

The plug to the right is the C7a on the puma and C443a on the mondeo

I think the open available connector in the middle is the one I need?

image.php

It is only the plug in the middle that you are interested in. You will find it on high spec Mondeo and Scorpio from around 97-98.

FlashBastd said:
It is only the plug in the middle that you are interested in. You will find it on high spec Mondeo and Scorpio from around 97-98.

Great:) now I know how it looks like.

Wondring about the wire how seems to go to the VSS, you mention somthing about the VSS in your installation. This is only to compensate if you speed harder ( get higher volume?)

Where do I fit that wire?

image.php

Okay, how well does it work? Probably try it out.

I also need the Radio interface A101

You shouldn't need an interface, as the later remote works in a different way to the earlier one. Hopefully it should just be a case of using the older plug to connect the two wires.

Thats cool one lesser problem.

So I only need the C443c from a ford mondeo 97-98
and a wheel remote controll from a 2001-2003 Mondeo.

Have sendt request for parts on 5-6 cars hope they have it.

I see now what you pointed out earlier about using the 2001-2002 contol. Only 2 wires and no contoll radio interface as you mention earlier. Must be using 4-20ma signal or something similar.

I got the Plug :grin: from a guy on ebay for 10pound.

Latest posts

Back