Budget Puma TURBO Project!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it you mean his second turbo puma?? I think his 1st was the owen developements puma, which wasnt very quick, but i heard from a source that the second project was a whole different animal!! Didnt think it was 270bhp though, id love to see that run! I could be totally wrong about that, but thats what i understood to be true from people ive spoken to.

Thank you. A kit is really not hard to make up, the kit he was selling was not just a bolt on kit, it needed modification. I might get some bits together as a starter kit, and put it up for sale, it will get get anybody started, and then if more power is required, it will be alot easier to upgrade, as the basics are all there. Or i might go for a bigger turbo, with bigger wastegate, and sell my complete kit. Not sure what im going to do with my time now :-(

WOW thats some sick 1/4 times! The quick spool of that turbo and fwd your defiantly getting the jump on most people as for tobys puma 1/4 times and top speed runs are in the fastford hall of fame with a load of other pumas i will look later and post them on here later.

It would be good to see some other 1/4 times posted up, VVC mini just beat me in his tomcat turbo with a 13.9 sec 1/4.
Im going to try and get an LSD, then try again, hopefully ill beat a 14sec. I think my next project will have to be a bigger engine, i dont think my engine will take much more power without new pistons and rods ect, and i dont think my gearbox will handle much more either.

Yeah mate, well chuffed!! A guy i met down there got a vid of me racing a BMW M3, remapped to 340bhp, (the guy driving the VR6 golf) and hes been kind enough to upload it!! There are no times on it, but theres nothing in it whoever won!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWHOar7QWs4[/youtube]

Its performance ford sorry that have the hall of fame.
Heres the puma section.
P8230708.jpg

So a 14.1 secs 1/4 would put you top of the 1/4 mile but on your video you weren't hitting 100mph!!
This seems to be put in 0-100mph order.
I can't understand how toby's puma can do a 0-100mph in 12.33 secs put only posted a 15.59 sec 1/4?? Strange unless when he had the timing gear for the 1/4 on he might of been taking it easy on the clutch or engine.

so how good is that clutch dude and whats it gonna cost me... oh and if your sellin the whole setup you gotta promise me right now that you will ring me first and ill get you the money one way or another as you know im starting to source the parts anyway.

and i have the one thing your after lol the LSD :twisted:

@ BlackKnight: I cross the line on the vid racing the golf at over 100mph, but that has made my day mate, so my puma would have fastest 1/4, and id be second if it goes on 0-100mph, and possibly 1st with an Lsd and a few tweaks!! I was doin 101 in that last vid with that really crappy start, in 14.7 secs. Either way, for what ive spent, you cant even buy a full miltek and good induction kit, so im well chuffed!! Toby's Car must have a lot of lag, and be running more boost.

@ Clarkie: Ill let you know clarkie about the turbo, i need to look at either a bigger turbo, or a different manifold with an external wastegate, or get a bigger wastegate machined in the turbo ive got, might just help flow a little. The Clutch is good so far, its definately better then the organic clutch i had, but i went to race from about a 60mph start, and it juddered and slipped a little, but then i dont think i should really judge it yet as its not bedded in properly yet, i really should have got the flywheel skimmed to give a proper judgement. It drives great too, not too agressive, pretty much like the organic clutch!!

@ VVC mini: That fiesta looks rapid, i messaged him to see what engine is in it, probarbly the 2.0 mondeo engine.

I find it interesting that my car is quicker then Alan Farmers, who owns PumaBuild!!! The very same person i asked for help, and he didnt want to know! And my cars top speed is more then 145mph, as can be verified by VVC mini :lol: If i went for a 1.4 box, my acceleration would be quicker, but id loose top end, sounds like a plan!!!!

That table isn't purely taken from quarter mile stats. That stat just happens to be there. It's a table of a number of benchmarks, if you study it carefully and cross reference certain items you see that apart from toby all the 0-100 times are slower than quarters so the top speed must be the actual top speed of the car and not the terminal velocity of the car crossing the quarter mile post.....does that make sense....lol

Looks to me that Toby ran out of revs before passing the line i.e. geared a bit too much for acceleration.

Oh...and I've done 127 in mine so it would make second place and it's bog standard....lol

Yeah i know the table is in order of 0-100, thats what BlackKnight says in his post, i was just saying that weather its 0-100, or 1/4 mile times, id be 1st or 2nd on that list. I think most of them that have lower top speeds must have the FRP box, which is geared more towards acceleration as you say, im thinking of getting a custom box made up, with FRP 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears, and then a 5 gear out of the 1.8 diesel box, so cruising on the motorway dosent sound as loud, and is more fuel efficient!! The diesel fiestas only go up to about 5000rpm, and i think cruise at 70 at about 2500rpm, so would be ideal. That way i could get a quicker 1/4 mile time too!

I can verifie that the wee green puma does a easy 145mph.
That fiesta is a zetec as it had the same cam cover as yours but had a huge turbo.
Rolling road day is on the 4th so hope your coming. See what the puma is running.

The owner of that fiesta mailed me back, its a 2.1 zetec turbo! So it will be a silvertop bored out to 2.1, and probarbly using the c20let pistons to lower it to 7.5:1, and thats why he could run that massive turbo! Im definately going for that rolling rd day mate. You need to update your sig now youve got your t16 1/4!! :x

Ive found a way to get more power from my car, what do you all think of this idea???
leafblower1.jpg

A definate bolt on bolt off upgrade :thumbs:

Can someone with a std puma please look at this page for me
http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=38478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says the 0-100mph time is 25.6 secs, surely that cant be right??

Can someone explain this?? That hall of fame 0-100mph times really dont make sence, the car is for sale, its the same 1/4 mile time, and its toby's old car, but it says its 0-100 is 18.74 secs!!
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is more like what a 182bhp car would do, but theres no way a 182bhp car can do 0-100mph in 12 secs, unless it weighed about 600kg!! It would have crossed the 1/4 mile line by then.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

summet aint right there dude for those figures it should be alot quicker down the quarter mile too. the fastest time i ever got at pod was 15.9....summet and i have only ever got that once i aint never been able to do it again. most the time i get low 16's and my speed is normally about 89-90 so his times cant be right for a turbo surely. as for 0-100 i aint sure what even mine does to be fair never timed it.

Latest posts

Back