Standard puma seats are not very good

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem is jumping in and out is slightly awkward on the neck... the steering while is fixed so the dials are hard to see... and the windscreen wipers seem a bit short.

Still I think I can live with it, more than some modern small cars which have room for a book case above your head which serves no purpose.

slayllian said:
quest63 said:
Someone could have a longer body and less long legs and therefore have a prob where as someone else the same height will not :idea:

Haha! I love this, my arms reach my ankles! :lol:
Do your knuckles drag on the floor!!?? :p

im 6,3 and a weighty guy head room is ok for me but find the seat back weak and i have recently broken it so its now twisted ive done abit of a bodge to fix it for now untill i can aford some new ones

I'm 6ft5 and have no probs with headroom. maybe its because i have no hair on top or is it possibly my car has recaro seats? are they lower than standard seats? i also have a full leather recaro trim for sale £250.

badlad said:
I'm 6ft5 and have no probs with headroom. maybe its because i have no hair on top or is it possibly my car has recaro seats? are they lower than standard seats? i also have a full leather recaro trim for sale £250.

Yes, I believe the Recaro seats in the Millennium go down a tad further than standard.

I've got standard seats in mine and have no head-touching-roof issues and I'm 6'3. If your head is touching the roof then you must have your seat jacked all the way up?? I've got the seat all the way down in mine and there's tons of room between the top of my head and roof lining. :| Imho you need the seat all the way down anyway because of the low down position of the steering wheel; it's already in my lap as it is and there'd be no way I could drive it if the seat was any higher up! :eek:

This topic is years old but would just like to confirm that as a 6ft 4 puma owner with standard seats my head is skimming the roof. My seat is fully pumped down. If I wind it back a bit my head has slightly more room but the compromise is absolutely no lumbar support. I have just bought full recaro off eBay so will be able to report back if it makes a difference :grin:

gavinfdavies said:
ouch, was that the £600 set?!

Haha no way! Full recaro interior popped up for £150. I made an offer of £100 but then I got antsy waiting for the response and decided just to pay the £150 instead :lol:

I can tell that my impatience is going to cost me greatly with this build

Latest posts

Back