Pippa Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord man this puts my Grey Pumba to shame :-D

Great work so far, cant wait to see where this goes.

And where did you get that carbon wrapped cover? O_O (all of my wants)

evilrob said:
One of my new toys:

Image.jpg

(other one is still bubble wrapped, to be revealed another time)

Only just noticed that cover is that one of the ones STEAVIE mentioned agaes ago

MaxSparta said:
Good lord man this puts my Grey Pumba to shame :-D

Great work so far, cant wait to see where this goes.

And where did you get that carbon wrapped cover? O_O (all of my wants)
Thank you kindly, sir. :D

I got the carbon-dipped cover from Performance Puma:
http://performancepuma.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - ask for STEAVIE

Not yet - hoping to get all bodywork niggles and wheels refurbed in time for Fiesta in the Park next year.

Car is going in for full service, new top mounts, new HEGO, cambelt/water pump and aux belt/idler on Monday - that'll be 2013's car budget well and truly spanked.

Spanking budgets is what Project Puma is all about though!

I'm thinking about spaffing a budget I haven't even got. I just need to do the man-maths that somehow make it sound like common sense.

Anyway, now Pippa's a show winner, she deserves an outrageous amount of cash you know! :thumbs:

Trip to Tremona Garage.

WP_20131022_18_30_30_Pro.jpg

Well that escalated quickly... :pinkeye:

As always, car has come away driving perfectly.

What the hell did you have done? Could have bought another one for that!

New HEGO sensor (runs noticeably smoother now).
Cambelt/water pump/rocker cover gasket replaced (cambelt was 3 months off 5 years since last done, water pump was original)
Full service (oil filter, 4.5l Shell Helix, pollen filter, fuel filter, air filter, 3l antifreeze, plugs)
Aux belt/idler (was squeaky when cold)
New top mounts (MOT advisory)

Oh, and 3 wheel nuts.

To date it's had a new clutch, new wishbones/bushes/drop links, MAF, coil pack/HT leads, brake hoses, rear brake shoes, wheel bearings... this car is nearly the vehicular equivalent of Trigger's broom now.

Only meant to book it in for a service... got a bit carried away.
facepalm.gif

"This broom has had fourteen new heads and twelve new handles in it's time"

Car sounds like it will be good for another 5 years now with little expense (hopefully) :thumbs:

alexwilliams840 said:
Car sounds like it will be good for another 5 years now with little expense (hopefully) :thumbs:
It better had! :lol:

Yeah, including the cover. I did not have to surrender my original cover.

evilrob said:
Trip to Tremona Garage.

WP_20131022_18_30_30_Pro.jpg

Well that escalated quickly... :pinkeye:

As always, car has come away driving perfectly.

Wow.

(Although in fairness, I think I've spent that amount on my MX-5 since July. Well, I probably will have by Saturday when it goes for it's new roof).

Now it's getting dark early, and Halfords have got a BOGOF on their bulbs, I thought I'd treat Pippa to some new eyes:

WP_20131105_18_32_35_Pro.jpg

I had the "90% brighter" Extreme Brilliance in before; I can confirm these "120% brighter" are a bit brighter than the "90% brighter" ones. Probably not £30 a pair brighter, but I'm not unhappy.

Net result: I have slightly brighter headlights, slightly less money in the bank and a pair of perfect working order Extreme Brilliance in the glovebox as spares.

You can order some here <--- clicky

Latest posts

Back