bolt part numbers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj2013

Just out of interest, as
I'm looking at what I'd imagine are the original parts by the look of them, so does anyone know the part numbers and costs of replacement lower arm bolts and the hub carrier pinch bolts? Only have my phone at the moment

I intended to, but can't fathom which parts are right, plus for some reason the pinch bolt is listed at £50 lol

I have recently asked the same question for all the bolts used in lower arms, hubs, subframe etc, came to £72 for your genuine parts from a source of genuine parts on here if you are interested in going that route.

Knuckle pinch bolt (2) £1.40ea (6080625)
Knuckle pinch nut (2) £1.14ea (1505594)
Lower wishbone bolt (2) £3.05ea (1009751)
Rear wishbone bolt (2) £2.40ea (1038960)
Wishbone bolt nuts (4) £1.60ea (6797866)
Ball joint cover (2) £3.20ea (1046297)

I bought my last lot of wishbone bolts, front, rear and pinch bolts all with nuts from Ford.

Cost wise, not much different from buying elsewhere, and you should get the right ones.

Cheers. so far The N/s Pinch bolt is siezed in solid on the tapered end and I've snapped a socket on the wishbone bolts. Irwin bolt removers are necessary! by the look of the arm I'm suspicious that it's the original one but I'll find out by the time its off

I had the same problem with the pinch bolts on my old Puma.
After asking advice on here, I ended up soaking it in penetrating fluid and belting the crap out to it with a masonry bolster and a mallet. That shifted it.
For the wishbone bolts, I used a high impact socket on the end of my 3' bar on the bolt and a spanner on the nut, wedged up against a part of the car. The front bolts came out, but I sheared one of the rear ones. Lucking it sheared against the nut so the bolt would still come out.
Good soaking before hand with penetrating fluid beforehand helps.

had another go with the lump hammer with all the brake assembly removed and no joy. the Torx head has corroded into the carrier and is siezed solid.

Think the dremel will be out for surgery soon!

martinthrapston said:
[post]298945[/post] Look on ebay,dont need to go spending a fortune on ford prices for a bolt and nut.

I should agree, a fortune it is indeed. I just bought all genuine new ones for the wishbones + for the subframe and it is ridiculously expensive for some nuts and bolts...

Back