Pippa Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, you should see what Alex (Fatttty) has been doing to his FRP - he's taken it apart piece by piece and either replaced with new or powder coated / plated everything down to individual bolts. Even stickers have been replaced.

I'm just covering the basics!

Hi Rob,

Had a long read through this thread - was meant to be going to bed an hour ago but couldn't get away lol

Love what you have been doing to this and has kinda pushed me more toward a few jobs on mine, which I've had for about 6 weeks now. Lovely car.

One thing I would like to know is, what was the ingenious idea for the parcel shelf please?

Cheers,

Steve.

PumaHammer said:
Had a long read through this thread - was meant to be going to bed an hour ago but couldn't get away lol

Love what you have been doing to this and has kinda pushed me more toward a few jobs on mine, which I've had for about 6 weeks now. Lovely car.
Cheers Steve! There are far more interesting projects on here, though; I just keep it clean, well-maintained and whinge when people damage it.

Check out The Arch Bishop, ScubaSteve, BigAl, tuonokid, pumanoob amongst others for some legendary Puma reading!

PumaHammer said:
One thing I would like to know is, what was the ingenious idea for the parcel shelf please?
I'm sure Tony will be along shortly to explain - but he has basically found some plastic washers which snap perfectly over the pegs to stop the strings falling off.

In other news, Pippa will be in for her MOT on Thursday, so hopefully no big expenses as the tax is due as well. :hide:

Well, it's my kinda thread - not too over the top but just enough touches to make the car your own and that little bit different :)

Once the weather warms up I'll start my own thread and get in there and clean like a git!

I will await for Tony to explain the parcel shelf thing, cheers.

Good luck with the MOT buddy :)

Steve.

PumaHammer said:
Well, it's my kinda thread - not too over the top but just enough touches to make the car your own and that little bit different :)
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

PumaHammer said:
Once the weather warms up I'll start my own thread and get in there and clean like a git!
Definitely get a thread up - looking forward to it! This Werkstat Acrylic Kit works beautifully on a freshly washed and clayed Silver Puma, if you were in the market for some new products. Or you can get practically the same product (with a slightly different formulation, and no quick detailing spray or microfibre cloths) here for a bit less (you can see the results of the cheaper product on my car here).

PumaHammer said:
I will await for Tony to explain the parcel shelf thing, cheers.
I have no idea what exactly they are or where to get them, only that they solved the problem. Hopefully Tony will fill us in on the details when he sees this. :thumbs:

PumaHammer said:
Good luck with the MOT buddy :)
Cheers - fingers crossed!

Are you talking about the electrical grommets you can get from Halfords (an assorted size pack)? They go right over the pegs to keep the strings on.

Here's our "how to" for the parcel shelf which includes a brief reference.

red said:
Are you talking about the electrical grommets you can get from Halfords (an assorted size pack)? They go right over the pegs to keep the strings on.

Ha - yes, Matt - it's exactly that!

evilrob said:
red said:

Ha - yes, Matt - it's exactly that!
I did tell you Rob that the idea came from the forum!

I bought the grommets from Maplins....
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-rubber-grommet-85mm-10-pack-qt92a
Make sure you get the correct size, as I can't remember which ones I bought!

evilrob said:
Got a Scangauge II on the cheap from another Puma enthusiast today - whacked it in using YOG's guide:

IMG_0859.JPG

Hello Rob

A quick question, where did you get that replacement cubby hole in place of the ashtray?

I want one! :grin:

ps & good luck for tomorrow mate, I'm sure it will sail through! Or maybe drive through! :lol:

BigAl said:
quick question, where did you get that replacement cubby hole in place of the ashtray?

I want one! :grin:
It's a CD/coin holder out of a Fiesta Mk4 FINIS 1086232, sprayed silver. Here are a couple of pics of how they look when they don't have a Scanguage wedged in them:

coin.jpg

IMG_0278.JPG

Latest posts

Back