Mr Fox's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that mate! Always good to do something a little different! :grin: although I seem more drawn to the mainly blue one. Look forward to seeing them on the car! :lol:

& any reason you didn't use the centre caps mate? & paint them to give the wheels a 'smoother' feel! :grin:

BigAl said:
& any reason you didn't use the centre caps mate? & paint them to give the wheels a 'smoother' feel! :grin:

Hi mate, the set I picked up only came with one of them but I could always pick a set up off the bay or something. With them off though be less of a pain when swapping them over. The blue's ones are pretty (almost wana bite into it like it's candy, lol) but glad iv done the two red to balance them out. Will get a engine bay shot by the weekend and others showing the bits and bobs installed.

Think the 'fan blades' are designed to possibly funnel air inside the wheel so onto the brakes and if so thats really cool! would totally depend on which side of the car they were fitted mind.

I understand about swapping them over mate, & anodized wheel nuts would be a cool idea! :grin: although if you did do the centers I would still do them the opposite colour to the wheel, might be worth a try if you could pick up a cheap set.

Not sure about the cooling, but seems feasible. I was thinking of possibly running some ducting towards the brakes, I'm sure someone on here may already have done it!

& look forward to seeing the engine bay, I've got something planned for mine too! :lol:

BigAl said:
look forward to seeing the engine bay, I've got something planned for mine too! :lol:
Got back from Honeymoon on Sat and cracked on with the engine bay Sun and finished off today, still got the cam cover to paint (one of the hex bolt badly rounded and cant remove it for the life of me!) but looking at the pictures it looks good with just the zetec-s writing in red. Bottom of the airbox was full of gunk and oil so cleaned it out the cleaned the filter (stupidly hadn't replace the oil breather filter last time a clean the panel filter) painted some caps (yes I forgot about the power steering one before anyone mentions it) wrapped the airbox the induction hose with high quality heat reflective film (dunno if it will do anything in the real world but hey-ho)

69e1a844-e5b9-4766-9422-6069f5ae5585_zps71f24d4e.jpg

373d41d6-9526-488a-b7ee-62b90a0f8f6c_zps5d26d18f.jpg

4cdc0929-a44c-49ad-b178-3794cae73855_zpsf6066fca.jpg

grayfox said:
... wrapped the airbox the induction hose with high quality heat reflective film (dunno if it will do anything in the real world but hey-ho)
Atleast it should reduce temps a little bit according to these links :D
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum/585640-wrapped-my-intake-tubes-with-heat-reflective-tape.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/311385-heat-wrapping-intake-tubes-does-work-supporting-data-pictures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Puma said:
Nice update, Have you already test fitted the propellor alloys?

No not yet, I didn't have time to get the car over to Steavies before jetting off on Honeymoon, need to ask him when he can fit me in next actually, they will be going on A048's.

JiiHu said:
grayfox said:
... wrapped the airbox the induction hose with high quality heat reflective film (dunno if it will do anything in the real world but hey-ho)
Atleast it should reduce temps a little bit according to these links :D
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/928-forum/585640-wrapped-my-intake-tubes-with-heat-reflective-tape.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/311385-heat-wrapping-intake-tubes-does-work-supporting-data-pictures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh cool, never actually read any threads on it prior/looked it up and didn't get the idea off anyone, it just made sense.

Puma's in for a fair bit of work at our favourite resident mechanics garage, including coilovers and a service. Hopefully post pics this weekend.

Have you tried your car with the 2 ltr throttle body on yet? Did you notice any difference with it fitted.

Glenn_ said:
Have you tried your car with the 2 ltr throttle body on yet? Did you notice any difference with it fitted.

I believe it did, at top end anyway.

------------------------

Nearly 10 weeks since my last update! (and I said I was gonna keep on top of this, pah!)

Since bedford I had my AP's fitted, FRP mapped ECU, New Engine Mounts, OMP Lower Strut Brace, New ST Discs and New Ferodo DS2500 Pads

Also stripped the interior and got rid of all the sound deadening (weighs a ton that stuff all together) feel a real difference in the car now, so much more fun to drive.

Was playing with some decals today and wet sanded a headlight as it turned yellow, went from 400-600-800-1000-1200-1500-2000-2500 but even after a good polish it still dull as hell (least the yellows gone) will have to give it a machine polish and see but I shouldn't have gone down to 400 straight off the bat.

Have added my ford fair track passes already so I don't forget them and my new helmet.

Apart from a wash its ready to rock!

24cdea09-3d5d-4e28-9f2a-84416d893880_zpsf53cf3fd.jpg

DSC_0477_zps410368cf.jpg

e1059b70-fc14-4935-b46b-7e02efeb7009_zpsd8f967b4.jpg

DSC_0481_zps001c7c8d.jpg

see with the drivers headlight?
DSC_0474_zps84aaba53.jpg

oh yea I forgot to mention I cut out the original rubber mat in the carpet and used doubled sided velco pads :)
DSC_0475_zps54311c38.jpg

Mike d92 said:
I want one of them battery covers were did you find it? :eek:

It's actually a stainless ford racing one I got it for a bargain off eBay but the shiny look didn't fit it with the theme under the bonnet so wrapped it (keeps it in good nick too I guess)

Brian' said:
Car looks really good - Looking forward to see it this sunday :eek:k:

Yea great turn out this year, and good variety of pumas, can't wait to nose round everyones kitty kats!

stephengreen said:
Love the splitter :grin:
Did you replace engine mounts with new standard ones or vibra technics?

Standard febi bilstein, the trader 'steavie' on here had a ball ache fitting the gearbox one because it was actually for a diseal fiesta van but clearly titled and advertised for the 1.7, so needed cutting, think he told them to take it down off their site.

Splitter is real carbon fibre over a base of fibreglass moulded on the frp, prob is I cracked it and put fake vinyl over to cover it. I think its one of the only in the country that blatantly looks fake but its actually real!

Just wanted to show off my new Steering Wheel :)

330mm Semi-Dished OMP WRC wheel brought used, it didn't come with a horn button or ring adapter as couldn't find any for under £20 delivered I gambled on a listing on ebay from Hong Kong, delivery was impressively quick considering I paid under a £5 all in to my door, really happy with it.

The leather was worn on both sides at the top but after a couple of treatments with Grison Leather De Luxe it came up good! The real leather feels sooo much better than the faux leather on the oem wheel.

DSC_1027_zpsd4896d19.jpg

Then simply CF wrapped the button which sets it off I think

DSC_1032_zps0e487d8c.jpg

DSC_1034_zps21fa59f4.jpg

Also added a CF touch to my mk3 2.0 servo

DSC_1037_zps7004da3d.jpg

Here's my boss that arrived the other day to go with my new wheel

DSC_1045_zps14d20a2c.jpg

Also got a pair of 3-point TRS's

DSC_1043_zpsd27247d2.jpg

3" Piper Backbox (Bargain Ebay buy at £40)

DSC_1047_zps1f0ea8d1.jpg

Two of these are going in on side mounts

P1010117.jpg

Genuine FRP Cams

DSC_1046_zps395071f6.jpg

Will update once all fitted in a week or so

Latest posts

Back