Hillclimb and sprint Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3dcandy said:
Still seems pretty quick to be fair!

To give you an idea, the record for my class up that hill in the dry is 7 seconds faster than that run on video!

It was nice to do some giant killing, beat a couple of lotus's (loti?) elan's and elise's.

Nest hill is a power circuit, I may experiment with camera placement. As on the rear view mirror it loses the perception of speed.

Looks good to me. You can do a lot of giant killing if your a handy driver!
What sort of spec is your car?

Standard engine with a milltek.

Fitted my race seat and the suspension is all sorted (although not set up yet).

So relatively speaking its pretty standard.

Looks like it pulls well. I guess the suspension set up is quite important on hillclimb's with the runs being short .

You should do some work on your starts, I reckon you lost a good second on that start, seems to go pretty well mind after that

zinc2000 said:
You should do some work on your starts, I reckon you lost a good second on that start, seems to go pretty well mind after that

Your right, my 64ft times were about 0.3sec off what I think I can do.

However unlike every other form of motorsports, the timing doesn't start until you move and break the timing beam ( that's why the cars have the black rectangle on the front).

The Green light just signals its safe to go. Which is really confusing to most people!

I did wonder why you took so long to move and then realised that when I did a hillclimb many, many years ago ( V8 MK1 Cortina) we never had the traffic lights, we just rolled up to the start and a guy waved a flag :? then of course we broke the timing beam with a wee plate on the front of the car.

Age dims the memory but I do remember being s**t scared the first time I floored the throttle on a rather wet hill :!:

Werrington hill climb, Saturday went well. Although its very much a power hill, I really pushed the car and managed to place in class beating a lot of more expensive machineary.

Sunday happened I was going well on the runs but competition was really tight and I knew I had to really push the car on the first timed run. Instead of staying in second for a corner, I carried a bit more speed and tried third. Took too much speed in and ran wide on the exit. I was straight for the timing gear, so tried to pull away which meant I just clipped the protective tyres, span me round and bounced off a stone wal. oops!

Its a re-shell but maybe not this year. The season is front loaded so I'm not going to rush to fix so my championship challenge is over.

I'm Going to wait for the right shell and work on the issues I discovered building this one. But I have to say I love the puma!

It looks as though its about to bite lumps out of something.......oh, hang on, it just has :cry:

Death with honours is never bad :thumbs:

So, Major update time.

After I got it home

A bit bent under there

I had to cut the engine out and stripped the reat of the usable parts, then scrapped it

the replacement

So I managed to get the exhaust wheels and front suspension fitted for the last event of the year (this is oct 2014)

Then, my first child was born in October, and the house needed some major work, which basically put a halt to 2015 season before it started. however over the early months of the little one I managed to finish the reshell and add a few additions.

prep for roll cage

A bad photo, but the cage is in

And as i'm running in road going and need the car for autosolo's, the interior went back in. This was a big issue around the cage with the cards. I still need to smooth off some fibreglass round the door cards and spray them, but its enough to run in class at the moment.

And how it currently stands with the road wheels on (0.5kg a heel heavier than the other ones)

So far this year, I've managed 2 autosolos. And won my class in both :twisted:

can someone confirm the photos's work? I just had to go back through and change the links/hosting.

And a couple from inside.

You can see where the door cars need fibreglassing over the sections I had to cut to fit them

Fair play mate...Takes some set of stones to do that uphill stuff...Especially in the wet.. New car looks sweet..
Keep up the good work and keep it on the tar.. :cool:

Latest posts

Back