Project Sky Blue (Now TURBO'd)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now all you need is a 421 stainless steel manifold, it will sound amazing :)

adampuma said:
Now all you need is a 421 stainless steel manifold, it will sound amazing :)
Maybe, Rust will be the first thing to sort out ;) - If someone has a 4-2-1 manifold for sale during Ford Fair I might bring it back with me, if the price is right :p

:cool: good work so far, how have your headlights held up? I don't think I've seen anyone else take them apart to clean them up.

red said:
how have your headlights held up? I don't think I've seen anyone else take them apart to clean them up.
I have no problem at all with them, I polish them up every 2-3 weeks and they are still bright. And there is no water or moisture in the housing.

Had a day off so I refurbished my alloys :p

The alloys had a some curbs around the edges from the previous owners. Something that bothered me from the day I owned it. Because I had a day off I decided to refurb my alloys.

This required a lot of sanding
IMG_7521_zps12725430.jpg

Before:
IMG_7633_zps9bb1eeff.jpg

After:
IMG_7667_zps5c8f6655.jpg

Side by side comparision:
IMG_7605_zps221da016.jpg

I also painted my valve cap, I painted it red. This is because of my red-theme :) :
IMG_7679_zps5872ef9f.jpg

Painted the red inlay in the propellor cap:
IMG_7706_zpsec31b2fe.jpg

End result once parked in the garage:
IMG_7697_zps99f9e9fe.jpg

This is how I spend my day off, It was wonderful weather here in the Netherlands, perfect weather to paint something. I think the result is really nice for a first timer. Alloys need a bit of curing so it will be in the garage for atleast 24hr. Hopefully I don't make a curb on my freshly painted alloys.

Till next update! :eek:k:

Update time!

Been a while since I've updated my thread, Haven't really done much in that time just enjoy driving it.
Talking about driving.. I've been to this years Ford Fair with my Puma and had a great time!

Have seen a lot on Ford Fair and already done something I liked which is a splitter.
Bought the splitter and collected it the day after Ford Fair.

Splitter is now fitted, Haven't driven with it because I've just repainted my NS arch which turned out great if I may say so myself. ;)

Here are the pictures:
IMG_0005_zpsaa67baba.jpg

IMG_0008_zps490917d2.jpg

IMG_0009_zps46c1c2bc.jpg

Does need a good polish but it looks good already :D

The splitter I bought in the UK was fitted yesterday, here is the result;
IMG_0037_zpsfc924cf0.jpg

IMG_0075_zpsb536d2c2.jpg

Looks really good and it's a nice fit, Bought 3 of them (1 of myself and the other 2 are for Pumaclub members)

Next thing might be re-doing my headlights since I have 2000 grid sandpaper now and a polishing machine.
That's it for now :eek:k:

Hi Brian,

Zo leuk aan de Puma`s werken.
Its a nice car and she still not done. :lol:
We have allot ideas for the Puma and now I have one of my own the whole thing starts again :p
We paid attention to the rust that`s hides in all kind of holes and we keep on doing this.
Maybe I start my project in a few months.

Another update.

Was looking at new seats for a while now and I finally bought them. They are reclining because the car is a daily and I don't really want 4-point seatbelts and all that madness.
So I went for the Sparco R100's. They are planted on a Sparco ECO slider and under that is a custom made subframe made by my uncle. It's made out of 8mm thick construction steel. Strong enough, safety first ;)

IMG_1216_zps5c112635.jpg

IMG_1217_zps8aabf13e.jpg

Also painted my carpet and doorpanels with VHT Vinyl Dye Satin Black. And I have to say that it looks really good and it haven't flaked off in a month time. So I assume it will stick long enough and if it flake off it's just an easy touch up spray.
IMG_1219_zps7ab36c86.jpg

Next update is to do the underbody, Thinking of doing it with Bilt Hamber products (Hydrate 80 and S-50 after that a silver paint). Never done anything like this so I might have the wrong approach so if you know any other products that are wonderful tell me ;)

Update after that will be retrimming my rear seats to black to match the Sparco's.

Update after that (next year's spring) is to get the dashboard flocked. Just to give it that ultimate motorsport feel :lol:

Oh yeah almost forgot, also fitted a new rear wiper. Old one was at the end of it's life and really needed replacing!
IMG_1211_zps28c818e8.jpg

Excuse the dirty car :oops:

Ohwell, Till next update :D

Brian' said:
Another update.

Was looking at new seats for a while now and I finally bought them. They are reclining because the car is a daily and I don't really want 4-point seatbelts and all that madness.
So I went for the Sparco R100's. They are planted on a Sparco ECO slider and under that is a custom made subframe made by my uncle. It's made out of 8mm thick construction steel. Strong enough, safety first ;)

I was looking at those seats. How do you like them? Ar they comfortable enough for daily use? Could you take some more pictures of them in car? I am interested in clearances to the doors, between them etc..?
How high have you installed them? Height adjustability? Belt pretensioners are mounted on the frame, or?
Lots of questions, sorry. If you could take few more pictures, that would be lovely, cheers!

Latest posts

Back