My racing puma build

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a bit of a gap where it connects to the body but besides that it looks ace!
Assuming the front bumper will be a bit more to the front to clear that odd space.

I know it's really winding me up and the other side is worse can't work out what to do to get it closer but I did ask for it thicker than he usually does them so don't know if the gap is a result of it being thicker .thanks

Whats going on where the wing joins front bumper ? looks out by loads :( Might be worth trying with the headlights in as well.

Ziggy said:
Whats going on where the wing joins front bumper ? looks out by loads :( Might be worth trying with the headlights in as well.

The standard bumper still on at the moment .just primed the wings to find more holes so more filling again now .started getting the front bumper ready too loads of holes in the gel coat duno if this is normal or not like there's a gap between the gel and fibreglass so when push it ,it just smashes away .

I wont expect any holes in the gel coat, or air gaps between the gel coat and the fibreglass underneath :( Get some cans of filler primer from your local paint supply shop, goes on much thicker than simple primer and can be sanded back a bit.

Hi
I work in a boat builders all our boats are GRP. It would a appear that you have air voids in the construction between the gel coat and the lay up where the chopped strand mat has not been rolled out in the mold to get all the air out. If you require any advice please pm me.

Regards,
Richard.

ouch, thats really bad, mat not rolled in the mould properly so void formed between gel coat and mat :(

Who was the bumper from? I wouldn't be to happy if it was my bumper and i would be possibly sending it back for a refund.

Where did you get your kit from? I got mine a couple of weeks a go, haven't been able to fit it to the car yet, anxious to see what the fitment is like.

Davedrave said:
Where did you get your kit from? I got mine a couple of weeks a go, haven't been able to fit it to the car yet, anxious to see what the fitment is like.

I got it from Kizza fibrebuild .were have you got yours from .got a bad back so can't do anything to it at the moment .

Ah yes, I have mine from the same place. Hope your back sorts itself out, be good to see the car when its all put together.

Latest posts

Back