FRP Duratec Turbo Project!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Space frame front end and complete new body shell fitted to a R35 Nissan GTR engine and gearbox with hmmm... 1000bhp?

We looked into the RS2000 stuff before as I could find a way to mount the transfer box to my MTX75, but apparently the set up can't take more then about 250 bhp.

There is another option for me, the mazda 6 MPS! It bolts straight to my engine. And it can take good power.

The Toyota set up sounds good but I'd have to start again from square one with research, & I don't think I could even afford the price of the custom bell housing to get that box mounted to my engine.

Dave you are just being silly now!!! :lol:

Never, if there is a will there is a way and no doubt it will be done by some rich t*sser in the future :eek:k:

PumaNoob said:
We looked into the RS2000 stuff before as I could find a way to mount the transfer box to my MTX75, but apparently the set up can't take more then about 250 bhp.

I think the only hurdle there is the transfer box. But I have read that if you increase the ammount of oil in it then it is fine.

The other option might be a transit AWD system? Don't know how is the engine oriented in AWD version, though… But that one should take plenty of power

Mazda 6 MPS is a nice idea but I'm still waiting for the day some dude puts a K20 in a stripped out puma/frp, turbocharges it to around 500 and converts to RWD.

That would be the most deadly combination for the track I could think of, if the tracks not your thing then just take it up to 1200bhp for hooning!

It was also fitted to the DC5 Integra Type R 220hp standard and will quite happily run a supercharger or turbo on stock internals. It's a seriously over engineered engine

Currently have my brothers Mk2 Honda CRX B16 sat outside my garage, would love to have that engine in my puma. In the CRX your head slams back against the headrests with every gear change and it pulls like a bitch when the vtec comes in :)

Best N/A 4 cyl engine ever? That's a hard one but the Ford pre-crossflow Kent must come some where there. It turned into the crossflow about 1966 and then into the Lotus Twincam about 67 and then into the BDA IN 1970. By 1976 it was the BDG pushing out 260hp and then by 1986 it was in the RS200 in BDTE spec pushing out 650hp. Not bad for an old ford OHV engine.
Barry

lusid666 said:
Currently have my brothers Mk2 Honda CRX B16 sat outside my garage, would love to have that engine in my puma. In the CRX your head slams back against the headrests with every gear change and it pulls like a bitch when the vtec comes in :)

But is pretty gutless when VTEC doesn't kick in. That is what I don't love about Honda engines. You have to be almost brutal to get something out of them

d170sam said:
Ah but didn't ford own Mazda at the time? So really its Ford anyway!

Own is a bit strong for only a 33% investment at it's peak in 1996.. :lol:

oilburner said:
K20 is out of the Civic Type R quite possibly the best N/A engine ever made!

Nah... S54 6 cylinder is the best N/A engine ;)

I'd just like to say Suzuki should get a mention for squeezing 200 horses into a 1.3. There's engineering, and then there's bike engines.

Latest posts

Back