My racing puma build

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have it on my car in the next couple of months. I am indeed doing a project thread, link is now in my signature thing.

Be good to see what your wings lookalike on struggling bringing it closer to the door .did u ask for yours to be light weight or thicker ?

evileye5060 said:
image_zpsa973d728.jpg
[/url]

That looks crap. Why would you knowingly send that out? Even a fill and smooth by the seller so it takes original shape would have been a lot better.

Ally

evileye5060 said:
Be good to see what your wings lookalike on struggling bringing it closer to the door .did u ask for yours to be light weight or thicker ?

There always will be slight issues with the fibreglass but hopefully it should flex enough for us to fit it correctly. I asked for mine to be made just to standard spec. Either way its going to be lighter than the standard panels.

Have you spoken to him regarding the quality of your front bumper yet?

ally frp said:
evileye5060 said:

That looks crap. Why would you knowingly send that out? Even a fill and smooth by the seller so it takes original shape would have been a lot better.

Ally

The filler kizza put there on the bumper it didn't look to bad until I pushed it and it just fell through.

evileye5060 said:
No I haven't wasn't to sure if it was normal with all his panels or not are yours like this in places ?

Nope mine aren't like that at all but if they were he would definitely know about it. You should speak to him.

Davedrave said:
evileye5060 said:
No I haven't wasn't to sure if it was normal with all his panels or not are yours like this in places ?

Nope mine aren't like that at all but if they were he would definitely know about it. You should speak to him.
I have text him il just have to see what he ses .just sanded the other side another big hole and lots of little ones again

The glass immediately under the gelcoat looks very dry.
It looks Ike its not been rolled properly (at all!)
Its also chopped mat rather than a woven mat which gives a stronger and finer finish.
Id have serious words with your supplier.

Must say my bonnet has no issues like that must be a one off and top man Kizza - a supplier that understands and rectifies any issues mark of a true pro

I like Wild.E's idea. I would probably go further and have the background in black as well as you've mentioned, "Puma" in white, and the number in Ford colours. Maybe too busy for some but think it would make a nice "centre piece" if the rest if the bay is fairly neutral (black and metal or something).

I like the sound of the polished and black would you just spray the whole plate then polish of the paint after can't think of any other way of doing it .got a blue silicon js hose coming for it

evileye5060 said:
I like the sound of the polished and black would you just spray the whole plate then polish of the paint after can't think of any other way of doing it .got a blue silicon js hose coming for it
Yeah I think that's the way to do it :wink:

I got one of these kits for my puma, and had the same issues with holes, then cracks started to appear. I took it into a local body shop for advice and a price to fit and paint the whole kit, he point blank refused to touch the panels due to quality issues. I got rid and decided to keep my car standard, well for the moment at least. I would be very interested on how the rear pannels go on and what else needs to be done. Good luck with your pannels, hope you get them on and painted. Will look great when its finished.

Latest posts

Back