Corley Turbo Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fiestaseb said:
Looking good, I'm interested on how you get on with the ecu, also. How much was it and where from?

Hey again!, i ordered my ECU from http://www.extraefi.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; paid just under £400 abit more expensive than other places though! but the support etc has been good so far.

cheers for that mate, il keep an eye out for you to finish :)

A guy I work with used to work at advanced Motorsport and Is used to the aem fic so he's advising me to go for that haha

Great work on this mate. Just what I'm looking at doing, so a really helpful build thread. How's it going with the new ECU?

Scott134 said:
Great work on this mate. Just what I'm looking at doing, so a really helpful build thread. How's it going with the new ECU?

Not according to plan lol, lots has happened still not running mega squirt 100% yet, will have to do an update shortly with everything thats happened.

not updated for a while here goes:

So i have been using the car as my daily now for several months and to begin with i started to get the 2k rpm rattle of death, after a little head scratching realised it was the cam belt tensioner on the way out so had a cambelt kit changed over and all was well!

A few weeks back i had a terrible smell of oil inside the car, under further investigation found my oil return hose had collapsed, last weekend a friend helped me improve the oil return downpipe, we managed to do away with about 4 inches of hose - heres the extended metal section:

e7m98z.jpg

Im pleased to announce that all is good now :)

this morning i gave finishing touches to my boost and wideband displays so it didn't look so crap, here the before/after image:
2eyki6u.png

ECu wise im still messing with the Megasquirt hybrid ECU as i have RPM issues between both the standard ECU and Megasquirt.

My to do list now looks like this:
Complete ECU install
Upgrade clutch at some point

so this weekend i continued work the ECU install with the help of a well known turbo enthusiast from this site :)

swapped out my cable for the crank position sensor as this was causing me issues last time round and i now have a stable RPM reading both the ford ECU and the megasquirt and went for a test drive to confirm, last time i would get an issue/cut out at 1700RPM.

Anyway everything seemed fine so i switched over the injector control back to megasquirt and fired the car up - all seems well and the car is idling fine. Ive spotted one other minor issue which i hope to sort during the week but im now basicly at the fueling/tuning stage.

Heres a random photo of both ECU's when i was doing some testing etc!

2hyi9dz.jpg

lots of progress!! managed to get the idle tuned in fairly well at the start of the week and tonight spent time with a mate as a passenger and i now have a decent base map so i can drive around town, boost and cruise safely, best of all i can apply 100% throttle :) its so awesome!

next to do is dial in the accel enrichment! as i had to disable this for now.

will post some vidoes this weekend when its light - car is mobile! tuning is very addictive i can see myself spending the next few months dialing in perfection lol

alexwilliams840 said:
What's the stuff you used to tidy up the wires? It looks great
trade secret :) Nylon Braid - Braided Cable Wiring Harness Loom
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321559416107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so still dialing in the map but its getting better by the day and im using the car as my daily again now.

I spent some time recently tidying up the two ECU's in the passenger foot well and also tidied up the engine bay by removing alot of the unused wiring and putting trunking in. Doesn't look like much but its made a big difference from before:

j7yg40.jpg

ive got some upgrades/goodies coming in the post but the next big job is probably rebuilding the turbo as it smokes a bit and has since day one and then upgrade clutch but these are not urgent jobs for now and i am just enjoying the car :)

im also thinking of getting a spoiler at some point just not sure which to go with, ive always thought the Puma looks awesome with a spoiler and ive kinda been waiting for the turbo conversion to complete before the car deserved/earnt a spoiler in my mind :)

Hi guys, what model of turbo has been used on this? Has the downpipe and turbo been taken from a saab 9000 and bolted onto exhaust manny? Great project amd thinking of doing it this summer!!

Latest posts

Back