Hello

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tp3000

Hi all,
I've just returned to Puma ownership after a 14 year break. Was worried it might not live up to the memories but 10 mins behind the wheel and I was hooked again. The closest one to me on the Trader was a Y reg in Panther Black with 39k on the clock, new tyres and hardly any rust on the arches, so it had to come home with me.

I've got a few problems to sort out, the alarm is playing up, looks like the driver door lock is the culprit, plus the front discs are pretty shoddy, I reckon the calipers are probably a bit seized with the low mileage. There's a big leak from one of the driveshaft oils seals - it took a litre to top up the gearbox. Plus there's a fair bit of oil down the front of the engine (onto the garage floor!).

So I'm planning some overhaul sessions, but am enjoying the driving so far :lol:

Cheers for now,
Tony

Welcome along and enjoy it as much the second time around :eek:k:

Yes my drive suffers the same fate, even with repleaced oil seals the gerabox pisses out.

Anyway, hi.

My first puma piddled gearbox oil constantly too. I have a feeling something in there ended up capoot because it made some well dodgy noises and I think I was getting uneven drive to the wheels (suspected due to her darting off in random directions without warning)

Thanks for all the welcomes. Being a nice day today I thought I'd see whether there was anything obvious with the alarm, which has a habit of going off. I had noticed the key locked the drivers door but couldn't unlock it. I pulled all door trim apart, loosened the window frame to get at the three screws that hold the door handle and lock, but couldn't find anything obvious. I sprayed in some WD40, and at least that seemed to free up the lock so the key blade both locks and unlocks the car.

I'll have to keep an eye on whether the alarm keeps going off. Does anybody have any recommendations for anybody who knows what they are doing with Puma alarms in the Oxford area?

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony, I could do with someone who knows Puma alarm systems inside out as well. I am reading lots about alarm problems but nothing to say ( that’s fixed it ) if you know what I mean.
Good luck finding someone.
Regards Richard

If you had to use WD40 to free the lock then ideally you should lubricate it to reduce the chance of it seizing again.

WD40 isn't strictly a proper lubricant although it has lubricating properties that derive from dissolving components but this lubrication doesn't actually last.

Latest posts

Back