how light is your puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaJay said:
I dont think id go that far for a road/track car, imagine the noise of driving something that extreme on the road, most track cars become comprimised road cars but that would take things to the next level!

Shaving weight can become a bit obsessive, at some point its easier just to go for power!
Noise you can get around that on the road with earplugs.If you run a very aggressive geo that can be a pain due to tramlining.Also if you run track brake pads (something like CL rc6 ) the noise gets a bit tiring.And of course semi sliks can be arse clenching in heavy rain on a busy motorway.Apart from that can't see the problem :lol:

Don't forget that weight saving is not all about straight line speed though. So while I agree that after a point more power is easier and cheaper than extreme weight saving, less weight can also improve handling and braking, as well as acceleration. I'm all for taking a track-only car to the extremes to see what can be done but I agree completely that for a road car there has to be compromises. Mine was pretty tiring on the road and that was before anything too serious in terms of weight saving! Lol

I'd be quite interested, having stripped mine right out, put bucket seats in, poly windows, cut-down dash, removed heater etc. But then I've stuck 56kg cage in it and sumpguard, tank guard and floor guards underneath. I have a sneaking suspicion it will actually be heavier.

Thing to remember with a lot of race series is that they have a minimum weight as well as regs on cutting floorpans etc.

Mine weighs 850kg dry but the class I race in has a minimum weight of 1050kg so lots of lead bolted to the floor, fat driver and 3/4 of tank of fuel to get there.

Latest posts

Back