New Moondust arrival

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great find! I'm jealous, but at the same time chuffed that such a gem has found the right custodian. I could never give such a car the care and attention it deserves.

A case for the right car for the right owner. :thumbs:

Do you know how she managed to keep it so well for all these years?
It must have been garaged and just a couple of 1000 miles a year?

They looks like the original tyres?...cant see much grip coming from them!

I bought my 30k puma last year,and it has its original tyres on the rear...the sidewalls were perished and limited grip to say the least.
Although the original spare tyre looks like new..

I had just a small blister on one of the rear arches..but it is now getting worse,since it had moved to the country from a inner city..i will be sorting it out before it bites in to far..

Your car really looks like a gem...i paid 2k for mine..which was over the odds...but i have always wanted a puma since new.

With modern tyres,it really amazes me how much poise the car has threading through the bends..the steering is so direct..and something a modern car with electric steering could never emulate.

In some ways..the handling of cars has actually gone backwards..you have to trust the grip is there rather than`feel it`.

Hi,
I have had the Puma a few weeks now. Up till now all I have done is give it a wash and polish and put it in the garage. So, I thought I would have a closer look to see what I had bought. I started with the rear offside wheel arch, removed the wheel and arch liner and this is what I found, including a cobweb.

It seems to be shaping up very nicely,

Regards,
Richard.

Hi Dave,

I have had a look at the DINITROL product range. I have only used Waxoyl in the past, I did the external underside my black Puma with black Waxoyl I still have to do all the cavities. How do you think the two products compare? I will do the cavities of the moondust Puma with some form of treatment.

Regards,
Richard.

Hi Richard
Are you taking it to any shows/meets this year?
Would be good to let some of us Puma nuts have a good look round it.
Paul

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi Dave,

I have had a look at the DINITROL product range. I have only used Waxoyl in the past, I did the external underside my black Puma with black Waxoyl I still have to do all the cavities. How do you think the two products compare? I will do the cavities of the moondust Puma with some form of treatment.

Regards,
Richard.
Richard I've used Dinitrol product for over 30 years.Dinitrol 1000 is a cavity wax which is best sprayed on with a wand and compressor.It sticks to the inside of cavity sections both in side and outside and will creep through spotwelded joints but does not run out causing undue mess..I normally put finnigans over the top of external underbody panels afterwards.Used it on my S1 E type years ago and it still has the original panels.Also have a ford Ka from first month of production(Sept. 1996).Its done 120 K miles and there is no structural corrosion .When did you last see a '96 Ford Ka?

Hi,
I have done a bit more on the Puma, I have checked under the drivers wheel arch. I gave it a wipe down and must admit to painting a thin coat of paint to the calliper and disc to prevent rusting. I was surprised at the lack of rust on the disc considering it is fifteen years old.

Regards,
Richard.

trublustu said:
What an example :grin:
I don't think I've ever seen better condition on a 15 year old car - unrestored and located in Britain.

You get them like this in, say, California (dry climate), but even then those have been specifically bought from new as 'museum pieces' as treated as such.

Quite remarkable and exactly the right type of 2nd owner for this car.

Hi,
today I gave the spare wheel tray a wipe down.

Stamped in the tray are a series of Ford codes and against each code is a a colour. Does anyone know what this is for?

Regards,
Richard.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that's it just a list of colour codes used on ford cars..? No particular relevance to the pumas.

I wish my 15 year old Puma was that clean underneath! Mine has 160,000 miles nearly full service history, cost me £180 and apart from cosmetic issues with some paintwork (rear arches) and minor rust underneath it is starting to look good! It needs a full clean up inside, lots of polish outside and some rust removal but that's why I bought it so it may one day look like yours underneath!

Hi.
It has been a few weeks since I did anything on the Puma. Yesterday I checked out under the other rear wheel arch. Leaves only one left to do, the nearside front. All is as good as the others.

015_zps7gh4kzv6.jpg~320x480

014_zpscl3e3t9e.jpg~320x480

Regards,
Richard.

Hi.
Bit of an update. I have checked out the last wheel arch. As well as a wipe round I did have to do a small amount of touching up to the black paint, just to keep it tidy. I have put the original spare unused tyres of of both Pumas onto the front wheels so now it is on all original tyres. I am doing my best to keep this Puma as near to factory/showroom condition and specification as possible.

The next think is to rummage around under the bonnet.

Regards,
Richard.

Hi all.
I thought I would have a check under the bonnet as expected looks very good no sign of any oil leaks. I must get the cam belt done before I drive the Puma it has never been done.

Regards,
Richard.

Latest posts

Back