2.1 Zetec Turbo - The Yella' Fella' (Videos and Dyno pg7)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is a shame but it will come in the future don't worry! It will be a long way off but it will be one hell of a beast with the line up we've got planned!!

Anyway yes, hopefully Chris will send some pictures over to us next week. The engine bay has been painted and looks amazing, the block and cam cover have also been painted yellow to match and the gearbox has been painted black. All of the plastics for the engine bay have been painted gloss black too. They look amazing :p

Brembo brakes have been sourced from an Evo 6 and discs have been purchased - fooking massive things they are!

Rear disc conversion parts are here, I think we're just waiting on pads for the front and rear now. The gear linkage is all done and my son has made a proper job of the centre console. We have purchased one from a Focus RS Mk1, the same as Pumanoob, but Dan has cut it back to just the carbon so we can use the standard handbrake setup and it looks ace, proper factory fit item! I'll get him to upload some pictures.

I'm not sure on what is left to do now, brakes, suspension and then putting it all back together and Chris has to setup the pedal box too. Should hopefully be all done by the 20th of April and then it will be off to Redline Tuning to be mapped and wired. We will also be running a Link ECU, full capabilities for Launch Control, Traction Control, switchable maps and maybe some Mild ALS at some point in the future, nothing too chavvy or silly.

Thanks for bearing with us chaps, pictures will be coming soon! :eek:k:

Chris back at it now, the brakes are on, engine is all fully built up, block and cam cover is painted up and the engine bay is painted too. The brakes are courtesy of an Evo 6 and they look the nuts! The pedalbox needs to be plumbed in and fitted, engine and gearbox needs to be put back in, plumbed up and some other bits finished off and then we will be on the home stretch.

Should be all done in about 6 weeks and back on the road.

Indeed I am yes, it was all a bit of a last minute thing really. Chris didn't realise the size of the Jenvey plenum in the engine bay and it catches on the break bar so it had to be removed - didn't really fancy scrapping the plenum after shelling out all that £ for it!!

I looked at those and was quite tempted, although I'm hesitant because I have no idea what the brakes will feel like without the servo, will they be super heavy when you press the pedal?

Good luck if your fitting teh puma specific kit from OBP. you will need to add extra bracing to stop it flexing and twisting in use and you'll need to move the seat back a long way unless you have weird ankle joints

Hmm, well we weren't really left with much choice, at the time it was a rush to get parts in an attempt to try and finish the car for the car show this Saturday however that has since been changed. I didn't really know there were other choices on the market?

Who would you recommend then Ziggy?

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can change the name of this thread? Found out my engine is actually a 2.1 today :cool:

Davedrave said:
Would anyone be able to tell me how I can change the name of this thread? Found out my engine is actually a 2.1 today :cool:
Change the first post on this thread, You'll be able to change the name there. And 2.1L? What happend? :p

Thank you!!!

I believe its the pistons that Chris has used in the engine build, they are oversized to a certain extent and IIRC he said something about this increasing the displacement? Need to do my homework!

Well Tuesday the car went to Redline Tuning with only some small bits left to be done at Lightning Motorsport!! Unfortunately, not had the smoothest of rides to get here.. And I don't have very many build pictures but hopefully by next weekend she should be all mine again after 9 long months!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HE LIVES!! And boy has he got a mouth on him, so f*cking loud! 251bhp at .8 bar on the safe map, limited to 5k revs too.

I've got a little video I'll put up later (if someone wouldn't mind telling me how)

Anyway, see some of you at FordFair and those of you who aren't going, look out for pictures and videos on the way and keep checking back because next week it will be going back to Redline tuning once its been run in over the next few days to be fully mapped.. 400 bhp high boost here we come! :cheer:

Latest posts

Back