2.1 Zetec Turbo - The Yella' Fella' (Videos and Dyno pg7)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking forward to seeing it.. When is the ford fair..Might take a flight over to see it..

That sucks mate but there will be plent of opportunity for you to see it! We don't intent on it becoming a garage trophy.

Had a great time at Ford Fair yesterday with everyone, lovely to meet those of you who have followed this. Had lots and lots of compliments about the car, I shall update with some pictures soon! We had a track session too and I got one of my boys to take some videos for us. I'll post them up later too.

Unfortunately the car was on its safe map, limited to 5000 rpm so every time we got on the power, BAM.. there was the rev limiter! Cars were flying past us but it was a great experience and even with the rubbish tires, the car stuck to the road really well. The LSD in the RS gearbox is working well and the Gaz coilers all round are doing a great job too, the ride is brilliant, might stiffen it up a bit at the rear just a couple of clicks but nothing major. Popped out today to Redline Tuning and they have upped the rev limit to 6500 rpm.. All I can say now is WOW, just WOW :thumbs: it's only got 260 ish bhp at the moment on the safe map but it absolutely flies and those extra revs really make it come alive. Still running it in though so not going mad, just half throttle but by the end of August it will all be fully mapped :twisted:

Was good to finally see your Puma nearly there yesterday Dave - it's come along way everytime I saw it a Chris's and I look forward to my passenger ride and maybe being out on track with you soon.

When are we gonna see pics and or vids cause not every one can make it to fordfair unfortunately
Love the idea and progress that has been made

Got some videos but its going back to Redling Tuning on Thursday so if you guys can wait until then, we will have something to show you!

Pretty sure is this car, right? :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-vZDGfEhU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks and sounds, awesome! :grin:

Hi Guys,

Apologies I;ve not updated this in a while, been very very busy with things.

We have had some running issues with the car and all sorts of different noises etc. and now the car is currently at LMS being sorted out.

I can report that the car made 370bhp @ I believe 1.8 bar??? I will have to double check that. It absolutely flies and puts a massive smile on my face whenever I drive it! I've already taken the smile off an M3 so who knows whats up next. We are looking into some small changes with regards to downpipe and intercooler to see if we can take it up to the 400 mark but who knows.

I have the printouts but I think they are in the car at the moment so when I have him back, I'll upload them along with some videos too.

So finally I've got round to scanning the dyno printouts from Redline tuning and here they are!

They've turned out sideways which sucks, not sure how I can rotate them but you guys get the idea.

The car is currently with Lightning Motorsport. One of the pistons has cracked and the cylinder has two scores all the way down it. A new piston has been ordered from JE and a new block on its way too :cry: missing the car to say the least but got some plans for it next year - new intercooler and 3" downpipe should see us through the 400 bhp barrier.

We don't actually know what caused it, Chris said he thinks it might be heat related but he's not sure. It was running fine for 3000 miles then all of a sudden one day started making a tapping noise and that was it - piston cracked and two loves scores all the way down one side of the cylinder it was in. Whether we will ever get a full diagnosis as to what it was that caused the issue, I don't know.

Latest posts

Back