Hillclimb and sprint Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, autosolo yesterday. 8 in my class, 4 of them puma's!

I ended up winning my class, with puma's 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I think over recent years they are coming back as Motorsport cars. I think that could be my lot of events for the year now. I may squeeze in another but we will see.

Was good to meet you and Neil at the Autosolo. I had a great time despite the occasional clutch slipping. I think my times were getting a little closer to you by the end of the day. My 12yr old son was taking some videos of the event, when you compare the 2 can see the difference between coil overs and cheepy G-max! your car seems so level and stable, whereas mine was lifting the inside back wheel on every tight corner. I may have more vids but I'm still going through all the footage he took. Some of it is not great but he's learning!

https://youtu.be/lvZnVLKcFqM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/aTor8jkVtd4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was good to meet you, and from the video you had the use of the handbrake down perfectly. You look quicker through the tighter stuff with the handbrake.

To be honest my car is not ideal for solo. With its tiny steering wheel.

Are you doing the Oxford one?

I think I might, I was looking at it last night thinking I may just go and do it. Now I've got back into it again I've got the bug!

Are you doing it?

After a long time out, I had my first event of the year, Farnborough autosolo.

I came 1st in class and 12th overall, here are a few photos (hopefully this works), borrowed from Facebook.

I can't wait for the next event, but think I'll be outclassed as the next one the class is upto 2l, so you end up with Clio 172/182 in the class

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1458541321765.jpg
    FB_IMG_1458541321765.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 9,376
  • FB_IMG_1458541378592.jpg
    FB_IMG_1458541378592.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 9,376
  • FB_IMG_1458541387777.jpg
    FB_IMG_1458541387777.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 9,376
  • FB_IMG_1458541542997.jpg
    FB_IMG_1458541542997.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9,376
So after the topic on Facebook I've been told to bump this thread and update it!

Sadly my car is currently SORN. It's off the road having some minor works undertaken and saving some ££ to invest in it.

I need a new catalytic converter (pot hole damaged) and replacement battery, and hopefully some cam's.

Bump time!!!
Car had an Mot, tax and will be out this year. I just need to do the cambelt first

Latest posts

Back