Puma Thunder Register

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LM51 NTA
Magnum Grey
dash 192,500 miles (on second engine)
owned since April 2014
want to keep forever more

^^^ That has given me a little more confidence knowing mine must be good for at least another 100k then :thumbs:

At what milage did you get the engine replaced, and for what reason?
Sorry for being nosey :lol:

Engine was replaced at 176,000, and I'm not entirely sure what failed, but think it was the vvt solenoid as that cam was knocked out of position. Replacement engine sourced from local scrapyard was at 111,000 when fitted.

Hi guys,

Bought my Puma Thunder at the beginning of December 2015.

Reg - HK51 PVN
Colour - Grey
Mileage - 152k
Engine - 1.7 Petrol

Hi I have a mint condition Ford Puma Magnum Grey Reg FJ02 ETD. 79000 Miles No rust on rear wheel arch. I have just stripped down the rear of the car wax oyled and undersealed the rear arches and the underside of the car i was lucky as there was no rust. it has a full Ford service history and has never faild an MOT. Only issue with the car is the key fob keeps losing its code. the interior of the car is leather and mint condition, the carpet is dirt free. i was lucky when i bought the car (even though i felt it was over priced) that the previouse owners looked after the Puma and it was garaged most of its life. I love the Puma more than any car I have owned and I hope it will last me and any future owners for many more years to come.

I've got two in stock just now, going to stay as full cars, both Magnums.

Had two through the books in the past, also Magnum, both rear damage with crinkled boot floors.

BT51 PYB Magnum grey. 97k miles, owned since October 2015, just had cam belt, aux belt, rocker cover, all 4 wheel bearings, rear bushings, door locks done. Into the body shop next week for both rear arches and respray. Love my Puma, planning on restoring her to near new condition.

Mrfluffy said:
BT51 PYB Magnum grey.

Strange, there doesn't seem to be any record of a Ford car with that registration on the DVLA database...? :?:

007tiago said:
[post]345598[/post] X751 HVM in silver 124k miles

Just out of interest, is this the original number plate or a later one that's been added? DVLA has it with a date of first registration of 03 December 2003, which is very late and way after they were finished making them (although the year of manufacture is stated as 2002) and there were no Thunders ever registered before 51 plate (the earliest registered Thunders I know of is Nov 2001). Also, nothing on etis for this plate.

rigsby said:
Strange, there doesn't seem to be any record of a Ford car with that registration on the DVLA database...? :?:

Sure there does ;)

Registered BT51PYB 25th Jan 02

Currently P11VMA since 15th Jan 16.

Ian G said:
rigsby said:

Sure there does ;)
Registered BT51PYB 25th Jan 02
Currently P11VMA since 15th Jan 16.

LOL. Just out of interest, how did you find the cross reference for the new plate? I spotted the old plate on etis (which gave the reg date) but, of course, the old plate no longer shows on the DVLA public search. Or was it one you just knew about, or is it/was it one of yours? ;-)

Ian G said:
[post]347590[/post]
rigsby said:
[post]347568[/post]
007tiago said:
[post]345598[/post] X751 HVM in silver 124k miles

Just out of interest, is this the original number plate or a later one that's been added?

Registered GCZ2156, also not a Thunder.

I'm very impressed Ian. Same with this, how do you know such wizardry... ;-)

Yeah, I thought I'd quote the original reg number in case any former owners still frequent the forum. I am very impressed with Ian G's knowledge though.

My sons Thunder which he's owned for a couple of years . EY02 ABZ . Waiting for an engine rebuild at the moment after No3 cylinder lost compression following a couple of track days . Pretty sure it's a burnt out valve . We thought the valve clearances were hydraulic , doh .

MT51 ZRK.silver 1.7 122k miles.bought off ebay £600 on oct 2013.fresh mot yesterday.

Latest posts

Back