Woodbridge Trackday - Interest?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

Its my second nearest track at 70 miles away and haven't been, I know its an airfield but I love the fact its a constant £129 openpit at the weekends of every month throughout the year!

Anyone be interested?

I've heard some grumbles about the track surface but I don't believe it as bad as perhaps people make out, it's one of the venues for the 2016 sprint series later in the year.

I can assure you it is bumpy so bad in a quick car you have to lift off on some track layouts due to ridges on the track.When I went there I broke a front light due to stones .I had an off onto grass which broke a front splitter and wrecked a pair of rear AO48s.Rather drive a bit further and go to Snetterton.

bugger, isn't snetterton mostly straights though? couldn't imagine it being very suited or fun for a puma (then again I haven't driven it so could be completely wrong)

gingerdave said:
[post]347928[/post]Most corners have good runoff areas but then it was an airfield originally.

That would put my mind at ease. When I went to Brands several years ago I remember there is next to no run off there at all which I think just makes you more worried.

Changing the subject a tad.Have any of you done any trackday in France?.There are loads of purpose built tracks there and some are probably closer(if you live in Kent) than UK circuits.Abbeville about 75 mins from Eurotunnel quite cheap to use and you can get a day/overnight return for about £60 on the train.If that whets your appetite a trackday at Le man's Bugatii circuit is a nice experience using the pit straight with all its history.When I was younger and had more spare cash! I used to go over and combine 3 trackdays at various circuits staying in some nice towns wit h good restaurants.Worth a thought????

I've done 2 days at Woodbridge in the last 2 years in my RX-8 and didn't find it particularly bumpy or dirty (compared to 6 other "proper" circuits). Great layout too and pretty much the only things you'll hit are cones. The only real negative is the lack of cover from bad weather. I have heard that years ago it was a lot worse but is now cleaned better by Javelin (I think they bought a road sweeper.)

Bob

I will be at Woodbridge for my first outing in my new puma June 11th (if I can get clutch done before then). There seems to be an mx5 event on that day as there are about 10 booked in so far :)

KarlG said:
[post]352261[/post] I will be at Woodbridge for my first outing in my new puma June 11th (if I can get clutch done before then). There seems to be an mx5 event on that day as there are about 10 booked in so far :)

Cool! that's my birthday weekend so unfortunately wont be making it myself but think I'll try it with the Sprint Series later in the year, went Snetterton the other day and it was immense

I've just booked for 10th Sept, Some are there 11th for Sprint Series. Apparently its a lot better, I've not been there for about 3-4 years and it was rough back then (but cheap at 99 quid for day)

I'm mainly going as friend want's a go on track and it's safest place for him to have a go in my Puma.

Latest posts

Back