My Puma (formally pictures at last)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nice sunny weather always brings out the best motors :lol:
How are you getting on with the sale of your splitters ?

Hi Yan,
Not much take up at the moment. Those who stated an intrest appear not to be that intrested at the moment.
Anyway I must say looking at the photos of your car with the new wheels and a wash and polish it looks very good. With the improvement in the weather there is more insentive to keep a car clean and polished.
Regards
Richard

Who's Martin ? Did I miss something ?
If you mean Richard's splitter I can vouch for it. Looks far better than the one I got from pumaspeed and it's cheaper.

Hi, I took the Puma in for its MOT today it passed with no advisories, it must be luck it is the third year in a row with no problems. Perhaps it all is not as it seems it could be down to the fact that over the past three years I have averaged a mileage of 1947 miles per year.
I went down to my sailing club which is half a mile from where I live and just round the corner from where I work, I took the following photos on the clubs launching ramp.

Regards
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
I put the Puma back on the road today after a winter sleepover in the gararge. I must say the cold air feed mod that I completed whilst it was laid up seemed to make it run smoother and quieter I do not know why, but it is such a simple and cheap mod I would recomend it. It was fantastic to drive the Puma again, the experience bought a smile to my face. I went to Morrisons for a quick shop, I spotted another three Pumas on the trip.
Regards
Richard.

What is the cold air feed mod that you mention?

Hi,
I completed the modification to upgrade the standard Puma air feed to that of the FRP. It is in the 'How to do' guide' It is easy and you can use all the parts of the standard Puma set up. Well worth doing and dirt cheap.
Regards,
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
I completed the modification to upgrade the standard Puma air feed to that of the FRP. It is in the 'How to do' guide' It is easy and you can use all the parts of the standard Puma set up. Well worth doing and dirt cheap.
Regards,
Richard.

Has the engine note changed because of the modified inlet?

Hi,
The Puma failed it's MOT due to leaking oil to a rear shock absorber and the handbrake ineffective on one wheel. I knew it would possibly fail on the handbrake and asked the garage to sort it. However, I was not expecting the shock absorber. Anyway I had two new shocks with top mounts also had the FRP exhaust fitted. all done for another year. I was not so bad as for the past few years it has never had any MOT issues.

Regards,
Richard

Hi,
Today I eventually got round to one of those small jobs that I have been meaning to do for quite some time. The faded rear high intensity fog lights.

Before

After

It did not take long. Firstly I rubbed them down with 1200 wet and dry then a few coats of clear coat lacquer When fitted back on the Puma they enhanced its appearance. I wish I had done it a long time ago.

Regards,
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]348014[/post] Hi.
The problem with having two of these

Means...That lot cost me as much as another Puma and I still have to pay the garage

...is that a new of definition of 1st world problems? :lol:

Being newish I'd not seen the little black Puma, v nice...really like the stripe actually, been pondering a different one for mine once arches sorted but wondered if it might look a bit too OTT? Yours looks quite subtle there though, suits it. :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back