My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fear not, I will be using the car this weekend coming and over the next week or so and checking them regularly to make sure they stay nice and tight.

If any issues arise i'l probably just take the paint off with my little dremel

your pumas comeing on nice i like your black and orange colour skeem
after you cut your rear bumper in half has it afected the drag? Its a cool idea and like your front splitter aswell

Quick picture of the car all in one piece and looking awesome at the Autosport International Show on the #TrackAddict stand which I organised.

You'll have to excuse me and Warren for ruining the picture!

image1 (1).JPG

^^ Awesome mate! If I'd have know l'il Puma (and you) were there we might have made more of an effort to get up there - maybe next year.

No idea, havent been on track to test it as of yet.... Im pretty sure if it has made any difference its going to be very minimal

Finally cured my rough running problems over 4k, set out to swap different sensors over from my other puma to try and work it out, first one I changed was the MAF, problem cured.

New one ordered. Also ordered a new cone filter as my current one is about 7 years old and looking rather tatty!

Just a bit, I dont know why I didnt think simple first to be honest.

When I plugged the car in it gave me no codes I didnt even have the EML on, I did some live monitoring and the lambda sensor looked a little off so changed that but it didnt cure it which I was I was going down the route of either ECU or knackered VCT solenoid. It was just a stroke of luck that it was the first thing I swapped over and it fixed it.

Car took off like a rocket down the road and instantly put a massive smile on my face!

I've got my first track day of the year coming up this weekend at Rockingham so I decided to give the brakes a bit of an overhaul. The pads had plenty of meat on them but the material had started to break up and crumble.... So I fitted this lot!

DSC_0541 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

DSC_0549 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Im using the car all week to bed them in a bit... That I dont actually have use of another car at the moment is also a big factor, not sure my neighbours like it when I fire it up at 5:45 every morning.

My first track day of 2016 on Sunday, The #TrackAddict|urlwww.track-addict.co.uk day at Rockingham. Started out very cold and the track was still damp but as the day progressed the sun did come out for a bit and the track soon dried. I found it difficult to get heat into the rear tyres and I did have 3 spins, all small and it was just a case of trying to carry too much speed early on in the runs.

Other than that a great day. Car performed well but it has started to show signs of weakness... oil leak and a few rattles have appeared. Its also convinced me that I need more power as well now.

Few pictures from the day.

IMG_8648 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

IMG_8365 2 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

IMG_8028-001 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Thats one of the things that will be going. i'm going to be removing a fair bit of the wiring loom once I get a bit of spare time to start work on it.

Thinking its time for some new tyres as well, I wasnt overly impressed with the Marangoni's at Rockingham, they only seem to work on properly dry & warm tracks. They are really hard to get any heat into on cold days. I played around with pressures a bit and got a bit of grip but it always felt like the rear was very loose.

They are a track spec semi slick tyre. Work brilliantly on a nice hot day when I can get plenty of heat in them. Its the rears I struggle to warm up

Latest posts

Back