Pippa Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pippa is hardly hardcore - just clean and well-maintained! :lol:

There are way more interesting projects on here, see The Arch Bishop, ScubaSteve, BigAl, tuonokid, pumanoob amongst others.

THIS is a hardcore puma:

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Doh - I was referring to the silver rings round the dials and didn't even notice the mileage.

I need glasses 8)

:lol:

The silver rings have been there forever - pretty sure they were installed when you drove her from the meet point to Fiesta in the Park or Ford Fair that one year!

But yeah - what I was trying to demonstrate here was she just tripped over to 100,000 miles.

Been a while since the last update. Not an awful lot has happened except the thermostat housing developed a crack, dumping the coolant all over the road, resulting in me needing to be towed home.

I noticed the radiator kick in and temp gauge creeping up about a mile and a half up the road from home so pulled over immediately, switched off, popped the bonnet and saw the expansion tank was empty. Called the AA, got safely home without cooking the engine I've poured so much money into maintaining!

All sorted now - new thermostat and housing. Also treated her to a new alternator courtesy of Aaron.

Hopefully will have some more exciting Pippa news later this year.

Hope your pleased with the alternator Rob, my appogies on all the delays, illness, Christmas and then my holiday was just too much.

Just dropped her off for MOT. Don't think she's ever so much as had an advisory in all the time I've had her. No reason to suspect there should be any issues this time round either but keeping the fingers crossed anyway.

tuonokid said:
Yay, well done Rob :grin:
Well done Tremona Garage in Southampton really!

Richard has once again tinkered with Pippa and made sure she left the garage driving like a magic carpet. He reckons it's definitely worth spending the two grand necessary to de-rust / rustproof / fix all the car park dings and scratches / respray the bodywork now - mechanically she's perfect.

This year's splurge included: Major service as per Ford schedule, new brake pads and discs, new Michelin PilotSport 3's all round, one second hand but perfect condition alloy to replace the now 50p shaped one I ruined hitting a pothole at speed, wheel balancing, laser tracking etc.

Pippa's driving better than ever! :wub:

Just under 102,000. Doesn't make any financial sense to get the bodywork back to showroom condition, but after all these years she still makes me smile every time I go for a drive!

Latest posts

Back