Interest in Rockingham Trackday 2016?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

So I've effectively got a £145 voucher towards a track day at Rockingham this year and wondered if anyone was thinking of going who could join me? (bit dull on your own from experience)

The cheapest full open pit days I've lifted from their site are as follows:

24th June Open Pit Lane International Super Sports Car 98db £205

22nd July Open Pit Lane International Super Sports Car 98db £205

4th August Open Pit Lane International Super Sports Car 98db £195

19th August Open Pit Lane International Super Sports Car Long 98db £195

2nd September Open Pit Lane International Super Sports Car Long 98db £195

4th September Open Pit International Super Sports Car Long 105db

22nd October Open Pit Lane International Super Sports Car Long 98db £185

Speak up here or pm me, if I get at least a couple of willing participants I'll create a meet thread :)

Won't be on track but if we're not doing anything we'll pop up and say hi / hang about. :pose2:

I've got a voucher for Rockingham too as I wasn't able to make to the track addict track day.

I need to use the voucher by December, but I don't currently have a car to use.

Bentleya said:
I've got a voucher for Rockingham too as I wasn't able to make to the track addict track day.

I need to use the voucher by December, but I don't currently have a car to use.

What happened to the FRP with yellow wheels? Mines from the TA day too only because I was out of action so early! think you could get something together? I'd prefer to do one no later then October as the clocks change back so the lights fades quicker, plus it gets colder

Cut a long story short, stripped it down to rebuild it and found some hidden surprises with the shell.
So it's currently being reshelled. The new shell has a cage fitted now, but the engine won't be finished till next year.

I have my eyes on something on eBay, but I have a feeling it will sell while I'm in France.

:shock: sorry to hear, not all surprises are good ones. Well good luck with the find, surely eBay exists in France though? :lol:

stephengreen said:
[post]350181[/post] We are booking the 6th may later today hopefully

Can't make that date buddy but let us know how you get on and post pics/vid if you can :thumbs:

It might be worth sending Jay a PM to see if he has any plans to do another Trackaddict trackday there?

Rockingham track day report 6.5.16
After a 7 month winter break booked this venue hoping it wouldn't rain. I've driven Rockingham before and didn't relish turning in to one of the banked turns at 100 MPH in the wet. As it turned out, we didn't turn in to any Corner for most of the morning, because we broke down on our first flying lap!
When we arrived at the circuit the paddock was full of race BMW cars who i was told were racing there in a weeks time. The event was organized and run by Rockingham themselves. The briefing was the shortest I've ever attended, it was basically a " be careful out there " and that's it. No mention of flags, session times, or anything, ten minutes tops!
After the sighting laps, i realised that the configuration was slightly different than I've done before. We were on the international Sport car long, coming back onto the banking after the pits and using turn one rather than four which I've done in the past. What was familiar though was piff paff. This sequence of corners reminds me of a mini maggots/Becket's. It suits the Puma down to the ground and was as big a thrill as entering the banked turns at as fast a speed as a Puma is likely to achieve at any circuit, anywhere. There are three big braking zones at this circuit / configuration. Good, well sorted brakes are essential. I'm pleased to report ours didn't let us down.. what did though was a wire that hadn't been insulated properly. I'm very fond of saying, that any weakness will be found out in any form of Motor Sport. Preparation has to be as high a standard as possible. This rogue wire resulted in total loss of electrical and as a result, engine power. We lost two hours, a blown battery and a kill switch, while one of my son's figured out what happened. We borrowed one of my other sons road car battery and rewired it, by passing the kill switch.
All in all a great day, and despite, or maybe because of, the BMW's treating the day as a test day, only two red flags and no incidents all day. Would highly recommended this track for anyone contemplating it, for the experience of the banked oval turns, at high speed a couple of metres from concrete walls

Cool write up! Did u take any video? I need to do Rockingham but really need to save for my hols in July. I'm ideally doing either Aug 19th or 2nd Sept.

So Rockingham have added the 2nd September (which is a Friday) to their list of days, be a great start to the weekend, open pit, 105db £195 (International Super Sports Car Long)

Anyone wanna hoon?

I'm at Brands on Tuesday 18th October and Wednesday 2nd November.
Both days were under £170; http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2016/oct/18-bh-bur.aspx and http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2016/nov/02-bh-retro.aspx

I have also booked on to Rockingham on the 10th December for £145; https://store.rockingham.co.uk/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=161210

Bentleya said:
[post]355349[/post]I have also booked on to Rockingham on the 10th December for £145; https://store.rockingham.co.uk/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=161210

Its actually £137.50 and unsilenced? guess it means no noise limit

wicked! well I might just join you for this when and attend the woodbridge javelin sprint event next month

Yes, unsilenced mean there is no noise limet and I expect there to be some seriously quick and loud cars there.

Cool, I used my credit I held with Rockingham after I wasn't able to go in March for the Traxkaddict track day.

I'm booked on! Also used credit thanks to Will Thomas @ Rockingham from the same #Trackaddict day as mine was a non-runner!

Latest posts

Back