Wont start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strangely , when I plug a battery charger on to it , It reports as being fully charged ( green full charge light comes on ). Ill try jumping the car tomorrow when I get five minutes,

Thanks

Will be very surprised if it is not the battery, alternator problems tend to drain battery over time not overnight.

Also chances are it is actually in theory fully charged, problem with modern batteries is that they can break down internally and then they simply fail to put out the power they have, hence the 9V reading even though lurking in there somewhere is probably considerably more.

Sadly, although it should jump start easily enough it ain't going to do anything for the battery, they should really have a label that states "do not attempt CPR" stuck on them.

Perhaps we are all affected by the heat :grin:
but hey, one man's flat battery is another man's major engine failure, its what makes our forum so good

Well, ill be able to post back after 16:00 today as to whether it is a flat battery , or not .......................

zinc2000 said:
[post]351823[/post] Perhaps we are all affected by the heat :grin:
but hey, one man's flat battery is another man's major engine failure, its what makes our forum so good
:grin: :grin: :grin:

hooked up the jump leads , started straight up. checked alternator output = 14 volts, turned car off , put voltmeter on battery, it dived from 10 volts to 5 in 10 seconds, so clearly its knackered and not holding a charge.

However , as I found the battery was the problem I checked on insurance costs, they are somewhat prohibitive, so I intend to sell the car and with the funds ill buy him some small engined trolley, question is what are these things worth and do they sell quickly ?

oh I forgot to mention the best cost for him at 17 years old, zero no claims , is ...... 2800 of our great British pounds.

A price is hard to gauge without seeing it, it depends on condition, history, servicing, faults, etc

Good news on it starting up at least. Tried adding a second driver to the policy?

am I allowed to put a for sale on this website, ?? or is the best idea to chuck it on ebay, I realise these cars are a bit un usual and getting rarer so I would rather it went to an enthusiast then a breaker , even if its only worth 3 or 400 quid.

You can advertise on the for sale section here providing you read the rules for posting, posts are subject to moderator approval in that area.

Back