Restoration of FRP 477

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rnnicol said:
[post]352747[/post] I know these panels where expensive, as I bought a set also from pumabuild, but it's done it's job, and it will look awesome when it's put back together, well done for not giving up.

Thanks Richard, how's yours coming on?

Great restoration project. Curious to see final result, will look like a new one !
Now I'm sad again cause I will never own a car like this :'( :p

Hi James, it's slow and steady, just waiting on the welder, apparently in a few weeks, but he said that 6 months ago, so time will tell, I way have to look elsewhere , Looking forward to seeing yours in all its shinning glory, well done for seeing it through and not giving up.

vaspetrol said:
[post]352993[/post] Interesting read :) Reminds me of Operation Phoenix lol :)

Yours has been my role model Vas!

Thank you James, :) very similar work you have done . My bank balance is still trying to recover, lol.

vaspetrol said:
[post]352997[/post] Thank you James, :) very similar work you have done . My bank balance is still trying to recover, lol.

It gets delivered home tomorrow from the bodyshop. Think mine will be on life support.... MOT booked for week on Saturday, wedding the week after. Nothing like cutting it fine!

I cut mine close when main work was finished, as I had first show about 10 days after at the begining of May lol

Attachments

• _DSC2979.jpg
    _DSC2979.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 8,745
el dude said:
[post]353056[/post] Nothing like the blue of a newly painted FRP :cool: :cool:

is that pumabuild?

No, it's a place local to me called Jessops. They did my black one too. Amazing job! She's home now, rebuild time...

Got painting underneath already, Audi Nardo grey of all things. Just a little greyer than the Dove Grey that's popular instead.

Gone outside the norm and painted the inner arches body colour. You'll either love them or hate them..

moondustka said:
[post]353065[/post] This is drooling material..

Looks stunning.

Cheers Ben. Soooo much to do!

Weekend free of Daddy duties and one of my mates is coming up from Wales for a build-a-thon is ahead. Do love how clean it is underneath now

Hi James
Always the best bit the rebuild, especially with lots of brand new parts (don't forget to put the tank on before the exhaust)
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]353070[/post] Hi James
Always the best bit the rebuild, especially with lots of brand new parts (don't forget to put the tank on before the exhaust)
Barry

Thanks Barry!

Well, today has gone well. Fuel and brake lines back on and clipped in. Those clips!!! The most horrendous clips known to man that hold all the pipes in the transmission tunnel. How Ford thought they were a good idea is beyond me.

Rear beam back on, all the brakes and hubs back on, new handbrake cable on and fuel tank in. Brakes bled up ok and the premium sound system installed 'factory' spec.

Really pleased how it's coming out. Hopefully have it running again tomorrow and the interior in...

Absolutely drooling material, as said previously...

And well done on the progress!!

:pose: :pose2: :thumbs: :clap:

Latest posts

Back