Restoration of FRP 477

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gimmickyflea said:
[post]353383[/post] Hi Xaf,

We feel your pain after buying 275 a year ago. Very similar problems! It is finally on it's way home from Pumabuild having spent the last 3.5 months there being stripped, resprayed and rebuilt. They have not been the only ones involved in this restoration - Eldood aka Chris Allison of course has refurbished the brakes and Dave Watson (a local mechanic) has brought the engine and suspension up to scratch. Without them all our car would still be a rusting old shed sat on the drive instead of the purring, gleaming beautiful beasty they have transformed it back into. If it is any consolation, our bank balance also will take the next decade to recover but true love always comes at a cost :wink: keep up your good work :)

I've seen the pictures, yours looks amazing! Have you got it back now? I could have bought a new Fiesta ST for what the FRP has cost, but it wouldn't be a cool. Literally as soon as it drove into the MOT bay today all the workshop were looking it over top and bottom.

Eldude did my engine and brakes too, top job

Well folks..... Drumroll...... It's a fail!

Well, at first anyway. Of all the things to fail on it failed on the bloody horn. How stupid am I, I didn't even test it. I was so annoyed with myself. Anyway, after five minutes of laying on my back in the car park cleaning up the contacts it worked again so they kindly got the MOT guy to check himself and a pass was mine. Yippee!!!

The car feels lovely to drive, even though the brakes clearly have a load of air in them. One very happy boy, just need to clean it within an inch of its life and ready for the wedding next Saturday.

There have been so many people who have helped along the way, too many to mention without accidentally forgetting someone so to you all, thank you!!

Now it's time to enjoy it, before the front end and engine bay refurb next year! :grin:

Congrats on the MOT pass :grin: yours is looking very good also. These cars are like babies, time wasters, money grabbers but you just cannot help but love them once you have them. Even my daughter has been hooked and there aren't many hearts harder than hers! :wink:

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]353399[/post] Superb James! It's stunning (and I WANT it)! :grin:

I'll settle for looking at it one day though. :thumbs:

Sure thing! The drive it part, not have it!! :lol:

Your car is now better than a new one because lot of love have been inserted in :D

Very great job and so beautiful result !

Well James, you've done it, you had a dream, and a goal, what you've done is amazing, a lot of people loose interest or lack the drive to overcome issues/problems during the build and tend to give up and sell there dreams onto someone else, then regret it forever, but not you mate, so as other folks have said, Well Done, and all the best for your big day next week.
I'll be heading from Edinburgh to Windsor next Saturday, I'll keep a look out for a gleaming Racing Puma on the roads :p

:cool: looking fab mate

On the subject of body film speak to El dude as he put in effort on this from memory and travelled to paint shield so he's likely got experiences to share

Looks amazing, very impressive undertaking when you consider the time-scale.

Just don't clean it too much - don't want it to upstage the good lady next week :grin:

Well folks, #477 made it to the wedding, but I was not happy torrential rain all the way there so for 20 minutes we were driving with the wipers going full tilt, ribbons flapping in the wind. Not what I'd planned. Miraculously it dried up 5 minutes before the venue so a quick 'speed dry' and then stop at the top of the drive to wipe it down, clean the wheels (yes, seriously, in my wedding suit!!) before heading down to the venue!

It got loads of positive comments, can't wait to see the official pictures with me, the car and the new wife!

Oh, and despite my fears, no, the ribbons didn't scratch the paint! :p

Congratulations James, shame about the weather and I hope the chamois hanging out of your pocket didn't ruin the wedding photos :)
Barry

What is with the weather at the minute.. Just keeps raining! If you are anything like me, I start cringing when it rains and the car is out, I'm like 'no, no, no, water + Puma = no car left!' But now yours has had some proper treatment, it'll be fine I'm sure :)

Anyway, I'm glad it made it, congrats on the wedding :)

Latest posts

Back