Fibreglass Panels - Potential New Supplier

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaJay

Just putting the feelers out as it seems that there is quite a few track day puma's on here and there's always more appearing.

A friend of mine runs a company that suppliers & produces panels, bumpers, bodykits etc in fibreglass and carbon fibre and he's keen to expand from the Jap scene that he's heavily involved in into supplying a more broader spectrum of makes and models and the Puma could be one of those.

Who here would GENUINELY purchase lightened panels? The items we'd be looking to produce to start with are bumpers, wings, bonnet, bootlid & of course the FRP front splitter but it could go as far as doors, roof panels, dash boards, the list is endless really.

We could also do custom parts like modified front bumpers and vented wings.

He could also be a very good supplier for replica FRP panels should that be required again in either fibreglass or carbon fibre.

Yes i would. We need an alternative to the Pumaspeed FRP kit i think. Would like the option of Super1600 panels too.

I would be interested, but I can't commit. Would have to be on my wish list :-(

Jay, I would be very interested....would love to have a few spares with me on a trackday!

Ok, well i'l be discussing it with him next week to try and get something sorted. Hopefully I'l be able to persuade him into making a batch up and we'll see how it goes.

My finances aren't good at the moment but you can definitely include me as an interested!
Any chance the supplier could produce replica polycarbonate items too? (thinking the bootlid screen in particular)

There is a possibility of that, I'm going to be having the conversation with him at some point this week to discuss it and see if its something that can be done.

So I spoke with Leon today, this is something he can easily put together and do but his only reservation is will the supply out weigh the demand. the initial setup to create the moulds is quite costly so he would have to have firm order before he could start production on any items.

grayfox said:
[post]354191[/post] What would a 'firm order' approximately be numbers wise per panel?

We're going to look into cost of producing front bumpers, front wings, bonnets and boot lids to start, hopefully from that we can work out what the sale price for each item would cost.

We also spoke about producing some alternative from bumpers from the stock he already has, abit chopping and moulding to make something a bit different.

PumaJay said:
[post]353900[/post] Just putting the feelers out as it seems that there is quite a few track day puma's on here and there's always more appearing.

A friend of mine runs a company that suppliers & produces panels, bumpers, bodykits etc in fibreglass and carbon fibre and he's keen to expand from the Jap scene that he's heavily involved in into supplying a more broader spectrum of makes and models and the Puma could be one of those.

Who here would GENUINELY purchase lightened panels? The items we'd be looking to produce to start with are bumpers, wings, bonnet, bootlid & of course the FRP front splitter but it could go as far as doors, roof panels, dash boards, the list is endless really.

We could also do custom parts like modified front bumpers and vented wings.

He could also be a very good supplier for replica FRP panels should that be required again in either fibreglass or carbon fibre.
Hi PumaJay, yes I would be very interested in frp kits and any other panels/windows that he could offer Regards Bob

Still putting a plan together. There is potential to get a supply going.

We might need to put a confirmed small order together first to get things moving.

Its the initial costs of mould making that is the issue.

I'm currently looking at making an alternative wide arch kit that will utilise rear over fenders & wider front / cut wings. It wont be as wide as an FRP kit and will be intended to used with 15 or 16" wheels just to slightly improve the width of the standard car.

I'd be interested in a lightweight bonnet and boot lid, but I'd need costs and weight before committing

I'd definitely be interested in wings. Especially if there wider. Would need to know the difference in weight between any given panels. Interested in the weight saving rather than looks

Still putting a plan together. There is potential to get a supply going.

We might need to put a confirmed small order together first to get things moving.

Its the initial costs of mould making that is the issue.

I'm currently looking at making an alternative wide arch kit that will utilise rear over fenders & wider front / cut wings. It wont be as wide as an FRP kit and will be intended to used with 15 or 16" wheels just to slightly improve the width of the standard car.
I'd be interested in a bonnet and a pair of wings initially, then later a tailgate with a small spoiler. I await with interest. Tom

Would be good if you could do heavier duty parts as well. With wings etc not available in metal, having a heavier duty frp as a direct replacement would be good.

Latest posts

Back