Mk1 Focus RS powered Puma, now going RWD, JWRC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ben
I hope the underneath is in better condition than the rear arches otherwise you'll be making friends with your MIG again, I like the mileage though, less than mine :)
Barry

Hi Barry,

I'll know when I start taking it apart. In some places the bodywork looks right for its 36k and in other areas it looks like it's done 136k.

Shame no interest on my FRS one. Wondering whether to put it back to a 1.7 using this Silver one and putting it on eBay/Autotrader.

Ben

I imagine you'll sell it much easier running, if you have the time that's what I'd probably do, especially since you have the engine going begging already.

moondustka said:
[post]357486[/post] Shame no interest on my FRS one. Wondering whether to put it back to a 1.7 using this Silver one and putting it on eBay/Autotrader.
Sounds like a good idea. At the moment, your 'shell' would only be of interest to fellow modders and there's not that many around.

With a 36K 1.7 lump in it, as a runner? - anyone with any sense here (and space) would have your hand off for that long before it ever made it to Ebay, etc.

Hi Ben
I can't imagine what you are going to create next if you are using the same engine in a Puma shell but good luck with selling your existing shell as it's a tidy one (the car looked really well at FordFair).
Barry

Thanks for replies everyone.

I've decided that I'm going to merge the two shells together. My Aubergine one needs a little attention on one of the arches anyway.

The plan will be to swap the boot lid, bumpers, doors, front wings and bonnet from the aubergine one to the silver one. I'll strip the shell as much as possible and it'll probably end up getting scrapped :-(

So, yes the 1.7 engine and gearbox is for sale :) it sounds lovely. Had a cambelt 5 years ago, so will be due another although it's only covered a few thousand miles since it was done.

Going backwards... again :thumbs: :lol:

I've stripped out a little more than this.

Anyone interested in the adapted subframe and all the engine mounts? (except the torque itself for gearbox - I need that)

I want to wait until I get a bit further on and be able to get some photos to reveal :grin: But I think someone might guess before then!

Little bit of progress on this one.

The engine, driveshafts and front brakes are going to a happy home. I've put loads of other parts on eBay but if anyone can think of something they want then let me know.

Need your input please guys..

With the project going to be this Silver one and the Aubergine shell going, what colour do I go for? I need to decide this now, as if I stick with Aubergine I will just swap the doors, bonnet and tailgate to suit.

The other colour I was thinking of was Magnum Grey, which is the Thunder colour. When I was looking for a Puma beginning of 2011 that is the colour I was initially looking for, but ended up with Black.

I really like Aubergine but it is a bit of a nightmare to keep looking at its best with scratches/swirls (worse than black believe me!). I think grey might be easier. I don't want it Silver because that's the same as Dan's.

If it makes any difference, I'll be getting an FRP kit for it also.

Thoughts? :)

Oooh, Honda Deep Pearl Bronze or Nissan Nightshade!

Sorry guys, forgot to say - the choice is between Aubergine or Magnum grey :lol:

The inside will either silver or white.

Nissan nightshade is like Ford Aubgerine I see.

Would Nitrous blue on a Puma work do you think?

Aubergene all the way then. Such a gorgeous colour, love the fact it's almost black until the sun hits it

Latest posts

Back