My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What budget have you set for the engine build?

Apart from thruxton and a few start/finish straights I don't see the point of the wing due to aero/mph/downforce needed to make it beneficial. Have you got lower strut braces fitted and a seam welded shell?

That looks so wild Jay! Already seen it on Facebook and absolutely loving it!
First sideskirt I find that fits the Puma nicely. Interested in seeing when BYC is planning on selling these!

Still in love with your wheel and tyre setup!

Wild E. Coyote said:
Looks like it means business! :grin:

It certainly does mean business!

stuvy said:
What budget have you set for the engine build?

Apart from thruxton and a few start/finish straights I don't see the point of the wing due to aero/mph/downforce needed to make it beneficial. Have you got lower strut braces fitted and a seam welded shell?

There is no budget for the engine build, it will just be built with the best parts I can afford. There is no time frame on when I want to have it done either. The plan is to build a bullet proof 300bhp engine.

I have got lower strut braces fitted and I will soon be ordering a cage to stiffen the chassis further. Seam welding... nope, havent done that but I may do.

In terms of the aero its designed to work from around 60mph upwards which is why the wing is positioned where it is. I might be true that it wont benefit in slow speed corners it will bring benefit to the car.

Brian' said:
That looks so wild Jay! Already seen it on Facebook and absolutely loving it!
First sideskirt I find that fits the Puma nicely. Interested in seeing when BYC is planning on selling these!

Still in love with your wheel and tyre setup!

They are available for sale as of now I guess... They are not listed on the website but get in touch with Mark from BYC. I'm sure he'll be happy to start taking orders.

Really purposeful stance!!

What spacers are you running front? (or are the wheels like et15)?
Does the wider front track have an impact on steering feel/steering self-centering?

Took advantage of the nice weather yesterday to arrange some photo's to show off the rear wing and side skirts. The end plats still need to be replaced with black ones to stop the pitting in the aluminium but I still love how it looks. Really looking forward to seeing how it performs on the track now when I get back out there in March at Rockingham.

Image 01 (1) by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 08 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 03 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 02 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 07 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 04 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 06 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Image 05 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

More ordering done.... Planning for future turbo build but also a few bits to fit for this years track days.

First up, Direnza radiator
zz02563-01_1.jpg

Next, full set of orange JS Performance coolant hoses, my standard ones look like they might split at any moment so replacing them before the do!
s-l1000.jpg

Finally... On the verge of ordering this little beauty.
GT2860R from Owen Developments.

2860_707160-7_v2.jpg

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]360441[/post] This is some generic image for hoses, as all the items are shaped wrong? Like the radiator; what is the reason for replacement?

Nope that is the correct image, it shows all apart from the radiator hoses... I already have those. Reason for replacing is explained above.

Semi productive day yesterday working on the car.

My plan was to give it a check over and make sure its ready for Rockingham on March 25th. Im away in Cuba from the 9th - 24th so I need to make sure its ready before I fly. Made sure that the fluids we're topped up and fixed the wash wipes which had stopped working the other week. Turned out the filter at the bottom of the fluid bottle was clogged up and not allowing water into the pump.

My plan was to fit a few of the new parts that I have been gathering but I only managed to fit one new vibra-technic engine mount.

I've got a right pile of bits to get through.
DSC_0022 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr
DSC_0023 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr
DSC_0033 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr DSC_0058 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr DSC_0059 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Ah, shiney thingies! Always a happy moment when they are being put on a car.... :wink:

One question: I see almost all of the hoses ae now silicone ones. Is that silicone oil resistant (namely for the oil breather I see on the engine....?

Nice rad and orange theme..
The vibra technics mounts are a must.
all good stuff.

I popped back into compbrake today and had another chat with them.
They have found a 45mm front top mount which would be a very simple fit to the Puma.
Catalugue number is CMB0160. It`s listed for a Clio. Gold in the catalogue but black in the stock room!
The rear mount (what I picked up today) is correct as listed for the Mk/5 Fiesta, CMB1188.

Your cars looking good..

Latest posts

Back