New owner from Manchester

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbrown82

Hi all,
Picked up a bargain puma at the end of last year with a few jobs which need doing. Will probably have a few questions, so thought of introduce myself first.

So this is actually my second puma. I owned one years ago and had fond memories of it. My previous car was an Mr2 roadster with a 2zz conversion. Originally I bought that to do lots of track days. Didn't do many and began commuting in it. Was far too harsh for a daily driver with coilovers, poly bushes etc. So I decided to come back to the puma which is just as good as I remember.

So the car is a 2002, with 95k miles. Very basic spec. Not much history, so first job was cambelt and a full service. Have also put new discs and pads on the front. Will need a bit of welding doing and exhaust flexible replacing for the MOT in may. It will be a commuter car to start with.

Once the MOT is done, the long term plan is to do a full OEM suspension refresh, st150 brake upgrade, frp gearbox and then maybe enjoy a few track days.

Cheers
Matt

Ah not far from me in Altrincham. Do you frequent the SCC meet in Regent car park by any chance?

TGPlayer1 said:
[post]360238[/post] Ah not far from me in Altrincham. Do you frequent the SCC meet in Regent car park by any chance?
Not been to the scc meets. Would be good to attend a puma track day if there are any though.

There seem to be quite a few pumas so around Manchester. Hopefully I'll have the car in a decent state later in the year.

Just need to get my central locking sorted first. Can only unlock it on the passenger side at the moment :roll:

trublustu said:
[post]360245[/post] Hello Matt, welcome along.
I`m West Manchester

Thanks. Just had a read of your track car thread. Really like what you've done to your car. Lots of good ideas in there. Must resist the temptation to get carried away with mods :grin:

Lol. yeah, gets expensive.
Because it not a road car I have carte blanche to try anything that pops into my head.
I also have a road car, which is excactly as Ford built it!

Hi Matt,
Another Manchester (well, Altrincham - like TGPlayer1) owner here - but I work in Stockport. Lots of great people on this site - good luck with the car!

MikeT66 said:
[post]360323[/post] Hi Matt,
Another Manchester (well, Altrincham - like TGPlayer1) owner here - but I work in Stockport. Lots of great people on this site - good luck with the car!

Cheers. Been driving it for a month now. Definitely needs new tyres. Going to get some Uniroyal rs3 or bridgestone re002's at the end of the month.

Still haven't managed to fix the central locking though :?

I've heard lots of differing opinions on the best tyres for a Puma, Matt. I have Firestones on mine and they've been pretty good - especially at only around £48 per tyre from Ford in Stockport. The fronts do wear out pretty quick though - front wheel drive, 1.7 litre lump and some cracking handling does have a penalty, it seems!

It may be worth posting up the 'Electrical' section regarding your central locking - there really is some outstanding knowledge from the members here that may point you in the right direction if you're a bit stuck.

Latest posts

Back