The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no! Sorry to see Jegger go, but pleased to hear he is with someone who will look after him...I know you had some frustrating issues.

Now that you have the Swift and MGF, is that 'it' for you and Pumas? Will

Never say never! The Swift is good, but it's not a Puma (missing steering feel and 'that' gear change).

I just had to step away as motivation for a car with constant and unrelenting issues tends to dull the enthusiasm!

To be honest Barry, I hadn't touched it in a year and it was depressing seeing it going green and manky on the driveway.

The options were;

1. Break it for parts - that would have been a proper shame.
2. Sell it - potential for the next owner to break it for parts.
3. Give it away - Essentially gives a certain amount of trust to the next owner to carry on working on it. Obviously they could still sell it or break it for a fast buck, but it gives Jegger the best chance for survival.

I went for option 3 - so fingers crossed the new owner does the decent thing (if economically viable obviously).

Hi Lee
I fully understand that, let's hope the new owner can make it viable again but I think it's the end of the road for most Pumas this year due to rampant rot at the rear (apart from the ones that have been protected or lived cosseted lives).
Barry

Very true! Jegger was fairly sound structurally, but the passenger side sill had a nasty blister and the rear inner wheel arches were just starting to hole. Not too far gone (a lot of rot had been sorted out in my time and the sills are filled with Bilt Hamber).

It was just the relentless next fix that was always needed and never quite driving right - gets you down after a while and with the MGF being such a amiable little fella, it was time to move on.

I'm happy I've done the right thing at least.

Bloody hell just logged on for the first time in an age and the first thing I see is this ....gutted :shock:

How ya doing Lee?

Gosh I never did get around to that did I? I always thought anything I would be doing would be very mundane compared to other
peoples cars and that so many others were so well written that I didn't have anything new to offer.

Butttttt.........? hmm well no ifs and buts I suppose iirc there really isn't much to do to get her up and running.

She needs a new brake hose and brake pipe on the drivers front and then all the hoses and pipes with the exception of the ones in the tunnel will have been changed along with the rear cylinders. Then some oil down the bores a bit of manual cranking and some fuel and she should be going. Hopefully there will be no no leaks from the connector on the new (zillion coats of paint petrol tank) or brake unions.

Think I'll get her out for a wash first though.

JEGGAR CONTINUED...

Pleased to announce Jeggar has been adopted into a puma family and fits in nicely alongside the FRP, Millie and a standard (but tastefully Modified) Pacific Green one! Curiass is a great colour... :-D

Thanks to the arch bishop (Lee) for the opportunity of owning such a popular and beautiful (if not troublesome) Car! My first impression is its a diamond in the rough. Paintwork looks brilliant even if it is sporting a few mouldy patches here and there. Im obviously aware of its issues and look forward to getting stuck in and keeping the project moving forward. After a short drive today I realised the abs and traction control lights didnt go out, but did so after turning off and on again. My work is cut out with this one!

MOT Tomorrow at my usual place. Fingers crossed the tester is in a good mood :p

Most pressing jobs:

Cambelt
Rear Brake lines
Rear beam Bushes

Sexy pictures to follow once I remember how its done (upload them, not take them) :grin:

Well, with the baton passed on, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!

ABS is a new one though - probably the only typical Puma problem I didn't have with Jegger! :thumbs:

Oh, and have this photo upload on me to show off your collection!

33440416883_f542ffdab5_z.jpg

PS: Why does Jegger look massive next to the Millie?!

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]362381[/post]
PS: Why does Jegger look massive next to the Millie?!
Perspective. Both other cars are progressively further away from the viewpoint and therefore appear smaller. That's also why the fence behind appears higher at the left hand end. :)

Latest posts

Back