My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
St170 6 speed or the mk1 focus rs gearbox that's got an great differential think it's an atf if I can remember

Saw you down at cadwell.... looking very very nice :)
18422388_10155023386195339_3479344133465013030_o.jpg
18422404_10155023386620339_7583797690236660464_o.jpg
18422180_10155023385920339_321835426078360147_o.jpg

18402286_10155023386610339_5730212783758553662_o.jpg

18403920_10155023386950339_3419796230943203786_o.jpg

18320853_10155023385935339_1846939604941357497_o.jpg

Thanks for pictures.

Car was on top form yesterday for another track day. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Weather was awesome, car was on fire and I managed to have some to hassle some much bigger machinery. Best battle of the day was with the Mini in the pictures above.

More pictures to follow....

So thats another track day done and it was an awesome one. Cadwell is always pretty special but combined with amazing weather it was a fantastic day.

The car was great throughout and only required a small oil top up all day. Few small issues have arisen, there is a strong smell of fuel in the car, I dont think its a leak I think it might be running very rich for some reason. Also the heater control valve broke on the way and was stuck on full hot all day... not ideal!!

Its given me the desire to really get on with the turbo build, the car deserves more power now but even so with my humble 132bhp I was still able to have some great battles on track. I also timed my laps for the first time using an app. Fastest time of the day was recorded as a 1.51.887.

Once ive sorted through the gopro footage I've get some videos up.

lots of pictures!!

XSP_9355 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_9284 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_9257 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_9061 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_8932 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_8931 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_8552 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_8532 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

XSP_8170 by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

really really miffed as I was supposed to be at that track day but things conspired against me and I didn't make it on time so 3 hours driving for nothing - suffice to say the car I ws going to drive was the little green Pumesta that crashed into the barrier at the Gooseneck and was written off - so I may not have got a drive anyway but would have loved to have met everyone if I had known - as it was I got so pissed off I just turned round and headed home as I had already missed the drivers briefing and the sighting laps while I was still on the motorway

That Fiesta took quite a hit when it went into the barriers, made a right mess of it.

Shame you didn't make it down, would've been good to meet and have a chat.

yeah will get to another at some point - I'm helping him reshell the Fiesta

I got a bit pissed off after missing my turn off and with no satnav I was driving blind for a bit and no where sells bloody road atlas's anymore = at 8.30 I was still on the M180 so had at least 40 mins more driving and thought there is no way I can make drivers briefing or sighting laps so no point in turning up as I wont get a drive - but then I never knew how many people I know were actually going and it would have been worth it just to meet everyone and get a few passenger rides

Ah right, not a good start to the day.

Need to get the next day planned now. I've got a couple of track session at fast car festival at Donington coming up but I need another full day again soon.

Jay now that the heater has packed up you could just remove the lot and get a roof scoop fitted??

It has crossed my mind but on the odd occasion I do use the car on the road a heater is a nice luxury I'm not really prepared to go without. I am looking at some motorsport style light weight heaters though.

Deffo think I need a roof scoop or some side vents though as a way of getting cool air into the car when on track.

Slightly in love with that wing, nice photos and updates, as far as getting air into the cabin I find my climair window air deflectors work great, lower both drivers and passenger window about inch and a half and you don't get any distracting air or noise but enough circulating to avoid much sweat.

Cheers, the wing is very much a love hate thing and it does dominate the appearance of the car, I love it, and it really does make a difference when on track in the high speed corners.

Thanks for the tip. I would use wind deflectors but I'm just not a big fan of how they look.

PumaJay said:
It has crossed my mind but on the odd occasion I do use the car on the road a heater is a nice luxury I'm not really prepared to go without. I am looking at some motorsport style light weight heaters though.

Deffo think I need a roof scoop or some side vents though as a way of getting cool air into the car when on track.

Could go for an electric heater? They are usually safer have on track as there's no water going into the cabin then. Just an idea.

Nice photos too, looks great. Slightly envious of all your track time :lol:

I'm thinking of going with one of the T7 designs ducted electric heaters. It should be plenty man enough to do the job in the car plus its probably a lot lighter and more reliable than the standard heater system. It'll be a job for when I move into the new house and I can get the car in the garage and have the dash out again.

600w_ducted_electric_heater.jpg

In the mean time I've now got polycarb rear quaters coming and a naca duct so I can get some fresh air into the car when on track. Just being able to circulate the air will be a massive improvement, a black car on a sunny day on track is awful even when the heater isnt stuck on full hot!

You know when you bid on something on ebay and you think I'l never win that... well I did and accidentally on purpose I bought some new wheels.

snapped 5 pro race 1.2's in 17" x 7 for £150 which to be fair is a bit of a bargain, full refurbish in black, some sticky tyres and these will be perfect for my future plans of turbo charging and bigger arches!

s-l1600.jpg

Will be seeing the year out on the current wheels I think.

They're 15 x 7 Oz supper Leggera's... think the offset is ET35

Hardly. OZ super leggerra with PCD of 108 mm are offered in either ET25 or ET45... The lower ET value is meant for Peugot, the 45 is for Ford....
Since puma uses 34 (at 6x15), the 25 being 7x15 are better suited for it

Latest posts

Back