Puma 4x4 Cosworth

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good work as per usual Dan. By the way I just ordered a LHS floor strengthener from Ford so there are still some left in Germany but don't leave it too long if you haven't bought one (two?) yet.
Barry

Brian' said:
[post]363539[/post] Car looks great! Good to see that you're finally able to drive it again. It's still screaming for a front splitter though :-D

Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much :) I know the splitter and spoiler need to be fitted, it is still on the list but funds just aren't permitting at the moment to get replacements. This last stage of works has cost a few thousand pounds alone :-(

tuonokid said:
[post]363544[/post] Good work as per usual Dan. By the way I just ordered a LHS floor strengthener from Ford so there are still some left in Germany but don't leave it too long if you haven't bought one (two?) yet.
Barry

Thanks Barry and cheers for the heads up. I really need to get both ordered and soon, even with funds low I'll need to get them as I will be more annoyed if I can't when I come around to doing that stage of works!!

:cool: glad I could help?? :D

Good to see it back up and running and much better without the flappy cable

red said:
[post]363557[/post] :cool: glad I could help?? :D

Good to see it back up and running and much better without the flappy cable

:eek:k:

Hopefully will get some good use out of it now!

Little update! - although I'm getting sceptical as to how long this will last now with photobucket playing stupid games with everyone.

So I have now managed to get the original spoiler for car back courtesy of the previous owner, haven't yet bolted it on but will do so in good time.

This is the S1600 spoiler designed by Ford at Boreham when they built their two versions of the car.

Few photos of it resting in place

Would be interested in people's thoughts on it - it's definitely a marmite thing! Personally I did not like them originally but I think the car looks 'bald' without it in place and it is part of the original Ford kit.

I've also started looking into another issue that's been bugging me for a while - there is no gear gaitor around the gearstick, mainly because I think the tunnel is tighter around the gearbox than usual and so needs a box built around the gear cradle so a gaitor clears sufficiently. So here's what I've started

Will look to getting the box welded into the car and once the gaitor is fitted that should stop some of the noise and also the hot air and smells blowing into the car!!

That's all for now, comments welcome as always!

Thanks for looking

Hi Dan
Nice work as usual on the tunnel as for the spoiler I'm not too keen on that and I suppose for it to work as Ford intended you would have to mirror what Ford did to the front of the car.
Barry

Hi Barry,

It's definitely a love or hate thing! Well there are photos of Ford running the cars without any front splitter. Don't get me wrong I will put the full front splitter back on but that's another cost at the moment that's not feasible.

The spoiler was designed to give downforce through corners rather than downforce in a straight line.

In your mind then the car should be left how I've had it the last few years?

Thanks
Dan

Im torn on the spoiler... its looks good with but it also looks good without. I think to be in keeping with the rest of the car the spoiler should be on there.

I mainly like that spoiler. I do every now and then go off spoilers entirely but that is for certain my favourite for a Puma.

Spoilers are a very personal preference, if you like it fit it, if you dont then don't :D (Obvious I know)

Yeah I think that's a fair comment. It has definitely grown on me and in my eyes it's meant to be there, it's why I got it so I'll get it fitted.

If I turn up at ford fair and everyone questions what I've done then I may rethink! :lol:

From the pictures you've shown the spoiler looks sh!te on the car to me.

If you could show a view from directly behind the car it may be better but as it looks now it stinks of "oh, I have this spoiler lying about, no idea what it's off, I know, I'll stick it on my lovely Puma".

I've always like the clean look as it's fat round arse does it for me :lol:

Hi Dan
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, it is an each to one's own thing but your car as is looks pretty cool with the arches and the big wheels. If it was mine I'd just paint the bonnet to match the body and have it as a complete sleeper plus without the spoiler you still have just a little rear vision :)
Barry

PumaJay said:
[post]363877[/post] Im torn on the spoiler... its looks good with but it also looks good without. I think to be in keeping with the rest of the car the spoiler should be on there.

Thanks for the reply Jay, confirms my thoughts again.

Cheers

yippeekiay said:
[post]363882[/post] From the pictures you've shown the spoiler looks sh!te on the car to me.

If you could show a view from directly behind the car it may be better but as it looks now it stinks of "oh, I have this spoiler lying about, no idea what it's off, I know, I'll stick it on my lovely Puma".

I've always like the clean look as it's fat round arse does it for me :lol:
tuonokid said:
[post]363883[/post] Hi Dan
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, it is an each to one's own thing but your car as is looks pretty cool with the arches and the big wheels. If it was mine I'd just paint the bonnet to match the body and have it as a complete sleeper plus without the spoiler you still have just a little rear vision :)
Barry

Well you've both just thrown a spanner in the works! :lol:

The argument I have for this is that it's 'meant' to be on the car if you go with how Ford intended it.

It's easy to take on and off at least.. could even take the spanners to ford fair and take it off there if everyone hates it !!

RE: Spoiler, add one but needs to be a bit more subtle. Splitter would be great before a spoiler! :grin:

Latest posts

Back