Ford hater

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBandy

Good morning,

Since I've been "into" cars, I've had a huge hatred for Dagenham dustbins except for sierra's and recently ASBO orange Focus ST's - I now however find myself the proud owner of a '99 plate 1.7 puma! Was looking for a budget car and went to see a couple of cars before this but wasn't convinced.
Having a meagre budget from scrapping my omega and a little bit of spare cash meant there wasn't a great deal to choose from that ticked the "interesting" box, this certainly does though, the test drive convinced me, the gear change was the most impressive and the car reminded me of my old track biased 106 that I miss. The full tank of fuel and more spare parts than you can shake a stick at made it an unmissable deal!

How do I put pictures up on here? My files are all too big.

Chris.

Controversial topic title.. :-D
Glad you like the little puma. Both wonderful and frustrating at times. I'm running a meagre 1.4 and even that makes me grin like a fool. Very game little cars.

Hi, interesting looking little b****r...purple,....sort of ok I guess,... matt black bonnet.....I hate matt black anything, but looks ok with the purple....green mirrors?....why? wheels look good though
enjoy :grin:

Forgive me, I literally picked it up before work yesterday- it's a joker and Harley Quinn colour scheme hence the his n her stickers etc. The girl I bought it from sprayed it herself, Halfords graffiti paint apparently but she ran out before doing bonnet! To be fair she knew more about cars than me and could answer all my questions. Most of the stickers are going, think I'm going to get rid of the green on the front grilles, maybe eventually end up with a black and gold theme?...IMG_0361.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 4,340
  • IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    769.1 KB · Views: 4,340
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    637.2 KB · Views: 4,340
Anyone need any parts? She had literally got a donor car, stripped everything she could and chucked it all in the back of this one - luckily the rear seats had already gone as she squeezed so much in there! I'll let the pictures do the talking... scrap that there's too many parts in the pictures making the files too large! I'll suss it out when I'm not on my phone! I haven't found a gearbox or bottom half of an engine yet but damn near everything else is in there or was, it's now filling up a cupboard and the hallway much to the missus' annoyance

Sounds similar to my story, not a Ford lover either, I also had an Omega that I sold & bought a Puma with the proceeds as a stop gap until I found something I really wanted. Only bought it as it was super cheap. Ended up keeping it for 4 years as it was so fun. Got rid in the end after it's final year with me basically stood on my drive doing nothing while I drove my new car.

Now I wish I'd kept the Puma as it would have been cheaper to run year round (for the miles I do now) than just the road tax I pay for it's replacement :lol:

Reference the above parts, it appears the previous owner stripped down 2 puma's, appear to have 2 of most parts lol, will have to put a post up once it's all sorted and I know what's worth keeping and what's for sale!

cone filter? unless its blocked should be no reason to "kangaroo"
check plugs (cheapest option first) then leads, coil pack etc see what happens, col pack is most likely suspect but go cheapest/easiest first

Thank you, I looked and thought it must be getting f all airflow but if they work there I'll look at the other options

Oh and just remembered, the previous owner thinks it may have had a map I think she said, any way of telling without a rolling road test?

Latest posts

Back