update on projects

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am cool, it all adds to my knowledge, you have so much info that I am happy to hear...I think I am going for the t25 for my 300 bhp engine...I will do a bit of head work but think with the std valves and frp cams I should be okay...going to try with the std head first then maybe remove the VVT at a later date.

I think you might struggle with a journal bearing T25 turbo to get more then about 220-230bhp. They are generally out of their efficiency range past about 200bhp. But again, if you try it, you can get set up, see what it makes, and swap it out for a T28 or GT28, as the flange is the same, so if you get a 5 bolt dowwnpipe flange on it, you will be able to just swap it out. After their efficiency range, they start to blow hot air, so you can end up loosing a bit of power, and restricting flow. Mine is a T25 on my green puma, and a large T25, and the diffrerence between 12 psi and 14psi of boost is nothing, i got my best 1/4 mile time at only 10psi.

you see thats what I thought then lightning motorsport say it is the turbo they use for up to 300 bhp engine...am confused...going to go for the gt28 then and stop messing about...I want a reliable motor too not an over stressed engine...

Well they should know more about it then me, i doubt they would say it without having evidence to back it up. I just know a lot of cars that come with a T25 turbo as standard seem to max out just over 200bhp. The rover T16 engine came with a T25 and i think they struggle to get much over 220 with the standard turbo. Even the very efficient nissan 200sx doesnt get much more then 200 from the standard turbo. Maybe its a roller bearing T25, that should carry more power through to redline. Or maybe its a modified or larger T25. If a smaller turbo will work to the power you want, it would be better to use it, because youll get less lag. I dont know anyone or havent heard of anyone thats got more then about 240 with a T25, but then im a carpenter not a mechanic :lol: All my advice is from personal experience, but i havent tried everything!

Latest posts

Back