Relay Witness Marks.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pkp said:
[post]365161[/post] You seem to be making progress, but re-reading your posts, have you measured the voltage drop between the battery +ve and the terminal for the solenoid coil with a known load ? If you connected a headlamp bulb (55W )instead of the solenoid and turned the ignition switch to the "Start" position and measured the voltage drop, you could calculate the resistance of the cable, connectors and the relay contacts that provide the circuit to the solenoid.
Hi,

Yeah, I sort of did. I put a twin horn on the solenoid switch terminal wire and turned it over and it kept on sounding fine (the tone sounds wrong if the voltage is off) , I didn't put a meter on it though. Proved nothing and that's the testing problem generally that I've had with this right from the start - it's an intermittent fault - so is it OK or are you just catching it on one of the times when it's OK?

As I wrote, seems OK atm, but it wouldn't surprise me if the true fault was not accumulative resistance of 'cable, connectors and the relay contacts that provide the circuit to the solenoid'. Point is, how much time do you spend on something before the fixing becomes more of a problem than the original fault was causing?

Back