FUEL PUMP FUEL LINES REMOVAL - HELP ME PLEASE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dav4008

Hi All

Desperate for an answer to this one, I have stripped everything down, removed the tank, pump etc but I can't disconnect the red and white connectors in the top of the old pump to free the fuel lines, I have been on and off this job all weekend and I'm so frustrated! Aaaargh.

Dav4008 said:
[post]365706[/post] Hi All

Desperate for an answer to this one, I have stripped everything down, removed the tank, pump etc but I can't disconnect the red and white connectors in the top of the old pump to free the fuel lines, I have been on and off this job all weekend and I'm so frustrated! Aaaargh.

It's a pain in the bum. I broke mine in the process.

You are supposed to squeeze the tangs in, push the connector in the middle down to release and then withdraw but it doesn't always work. The tangs on the outer ring press down on a toothed ring that the pipe itself slips into.

Another way to do it is to release the outer rings and slide up so you can see the red sleeve / toothed ring. Press the red ring downwards then push the pipe connector down and release before letting the toothed ring back up

Soak with penetrating spray.

Squeeze the buttons on the side of the red or white ring.

Ensure the red or white ring doesn't unclip and ride up, should be fully home and pressed down on to the pump.

While pressing the buttons on the red or white ring, lift the pipe. Very little force is required if the buttons are working. If you need force, apply it to the buttons.

Alternatively you can do the job of the buttons by lifting the red or white rings but you must apply to force on to the red sleeve uniformly around it.

removed my tank but left stupid clips alone as it is going back in the new tank anyway later, however I think I am going to replace all the stupid clips with jubilee clips as I intend replaceing the fuel lines while I have the tank out, i had already broken one clip on the fuel filter when i replaced it earlier.

An old thread, but plan B, carefully break the stupid red and white plastic squeeze clips and then stamp on them. Then use snipe nosed pliers and push down on the red ring while carefully pulling up the pipe, all released and can still be used :grin: :grin:

Latest posts

Back