Caliper carrier bolt length?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flame80

Hi guys, hoping to "downgrade" my brakes this weekend from Focus ST170s to Fiesta ST150s so that I can fit 15inch wheels again from the current 17s as there is nearly £300 difference for a set of track day tyres!!
I've bought second hand ST150 calipers off ebay but I dont think there are any caliper carrier bolts with them, and I don't have the original Puma ones either. I'm pretty sure I need M10 bolts but don't know what length to get, any info will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Tim

Aren't the holes in the hub knuckle going to be too big, as they will have been drilled out to 12.5 mm, for the larger caliper bolts?

Puma OE is M10 x 25mm FINIS 1471746

Fiesta ST150 is M10 x 30mm FINIS 1473917

Focus ST170 is M12 X 30mm FINIS 1447853

Not sure where the extra 5mm goes when you upgrade to Fiesta, either the carrier is bigger or the hub flange is thicker, that would make your decision.

Thanks Ian that's a great help :grin: I'm sure I read somewhere that the ST150 bolt was slightly too long and they had to use the original Puma one, I wasnt sure what the length of either of them were.

flame80 said:
[post]366361[/post] Thanks Ian that's a great help :grin: I'm sure I read somewhere that the ST150 bolt was slightly too long and they had to use the original Puma one, I wasnt sure what the length of either of them were.

True, I had to use the original puma bolts. The ST150 were to long!

Latest posts

Back