Ford Puma ST Turbo *diy ambition*

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey been a while..

Say hello (and goodbye while your at it) to: Hozay

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This £190, 126k on the clock, 1.7, MOT failed bad boy has been brought for the Mrs.

Which one i hear you ask?
Answer: THE CAR ... Me 'ole Wendy' :p
Why: A sacrificial donor!

*Edit
Originally was winning bidder for 150 untill last 2secs when outbid by a 5iver..
I do believe theres a buyer/company trying to take up all and any Pumas left coz that was the 3rd time i lost to said mystery bidder..

Plan at this stage is to strip the silver Puma for all needed spare parts and to make swapping parts over a lil easier and more convenient as i can clean up and modify without taking Ole Wendy apart for now.
Then cling wrap and shed storage the rest.

Shortly i shall be putting up a FREE PARTS AD for anything left..
I shall be freely scrapping him unless im charged for crane removal so as of now these parts can be had if wana travel over to RedBridge/Ilford sides of London and tuck in yourself!

Oh and those wheels i done got a redoing recently!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Photos are a bit dark but the colour is now 'Steel Wheel Silver'.
More prefered than the cheap gun metal grey that looked like a bluey grey primer.
Still two more to do then off to paint guy for solid 2k laquer coating. (Has spray can lacquer on for now)

*"yes, they were done in my kitchen"

Much better colour! On the kitchen table? I bet Ole Wendy was happy (not the wife!) :grin:

Question: "how do you remove engine without crane?"

Answer: Just remove without crane and dont drop anything!

:D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My lucky days... Turns out the car has a tape ecu
image.jpeg

And also the heated windscreen, although no button installed on this particular Y reg.

Coor... been a while!

Due to update the parts list...

Not much done to be honest ...( some bargain buys on the side in regards to parts )

Saying that here's a taster of what's to come very soon..
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG

Planning on doing another bumper to keep as spares ...
wasn't that hard to do actually ...
The fiesta and puma are indeed still more less same size in width and the length is not too low I believe at the line I've attached to it sits overall at the same length as attaching a splitter or dropping +40mm.. (already tested over speed humps and only scrapes the steepest ones)!!

Will be posting more pics soon and hopefully a guide although it is literally cut and glue. The original puma bumper skin is 95% glued on anyway...

*Spoiler Alert: mk7 fiesta Asian style grill looks the bomb!!

Unfortunately some butchering of rear metal is needed to get the rear fiesta fogs to fit (using Lhd fog as well)....

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

If you use the reflectors instead then no need for such cuttings... but then what would you do with the rear fogs??

Loved seeing the progress you are making with this. Just bought a 1.7 Puma with 50k mileage for £500!! And although my ambitions are a lot smaller than yours, the amount of ridiculous things you are doing with this car are giving me hope that a newbie like me with no experience can still give it a good go.

DIY electrical advise needed!!

I'm in the hopes of putting together a touch sensor system... I'm at that about to do a crude prototype / not sure what I'm doing stage..

The system must power on when either unlock signal is sent or door is opened.. with either of these signals one of two delay relay will activate sending the 12v to a converter dropping to 5v then going to sensors.. sensors will activate another set of relays that will allow 12v to power door actuators...
((Hope this makes sense :s ))
Can someone have a look at this diagram and kindly give opinion and advise on any changes please??

IMG_0781.JPG

These are parts being used so far:
IMG_0783.JPG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raspberry-Pi-DC-DC-Converter-Regulator-12V-Stepdown-to-5V-3A-15W-Module-Power/142752974294?epid=1274078478&hash=item213cbd85d6:g:JXQAAOSw5cNYcSC7
For the step down, or if you know the draw current you could add a simple resistor (make sure you get a resistor that can cope with the power dissipation.)

Step back up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Micro-3-3V-3-6V-5V-to-12V-6W-DC-DC-Step-Up-Boost-Module-Converter-UK/113149182182?hash=item1a583780e6:g:QnwAAOSwnHZYTCXh

Switches: Depends on current draw, relays for high current, transistors for low current (mA).
Also try and fuse it like the car uses.

Latest posts

Back