The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is talk of an out of court settlement which will hopefully cover the paint. I can fit the panels frank! Heres hoping nothing is bent when that thing that used to be a bumper comes off!

The bumper bar was pretty bent before the accident;

3b4d37c118083e622697eb63773a22b7

Personally, and with all feelings aside, I'd be looking at taking the settlement, finding a better example and then stripping all the good bits off of Jegger. The engine's got the VCT problems and still needs a cambelt, the ABS is flaky at best and the inner rear wheel arches are probably getting really crusty around where the brake pipes attach.

I think he's had his time to be fair. :-(

:eek: well at least fault was admitted and everyone was safe, bad news for Jeggar though :arrow: :-|

It's only a bad car park prang, not a death in the family. There's nothing there that can't be fixed if James wants to.

Choices are what we make - https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=364559#p364559

Im not going to start stripping him Lee, if anything we want to make him better now in his time of need lol....

Ive kickstarted some loose plans for picking up a low milage analogue engine to possibly rebuild and get fitted, it ties in with my desire to get to know the ins and out of a puma 1.7 engine seeing as ive got a few projects that will in time all need work. Ive never touched them further than an oil filter, rocker cover gasket and a clutch if that counts :p

Saying that I did fit a 1.7 in my fiesta about a decade ago but I didnt rebuild it first and a lot of that info in the brain box is probably long lost by now..although you never know

if I can sort the engine then its exciting news for Jeggars future....

The analogue engines are "MHA" and the later models (late Y reg to '52) are "MHB" which has larger crank journals, which should translate in to a longer life in theory.

Also you'll need to make sure the engine wiring is the same on your digital model or you'll have connection problems to the fuel rail wiring etc.

Edit: Looks like yours is an R reg so analogue anyway.

Latest posts

Back