2nd puma 1.7 project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

and my lights on normal beam. Not a very good photo bit of dazzle off main beam could be because driveway is on a hill. also when i indercate the neons flash orange i have not took a photo of this yet.
can you post videos on this site? if yes how?

Jason

more photos to follow

Frank said:
demonskull13 said:
still having problems with photobuket dont understand where im going wrong followed all instructions?
I think the link you are copying on photobucket already comes with img tags, so you don't have to add any more, i.e. it should look like

and not
b][img]%20http:bbbbbbbbb.....jpg
[/img]

... which is how you are posting them above. You'll soon get the hang of it.

brilliant Frank been doing it wrong because i watched a you tube clip how to do it and they said use the img in the fonts and to paste between the 2 but with your help now no how to do it. thankyou have a good pumaring day

Jason

tuonokid said:
PICT_20150517_181627_zpsxz2slryv.jpg

You mean this Jason?
Barry

hi Barry just going through posts and where you helped me with the photo, photo disapeared and says image where photo used to be also seen this on alot of threads how do i veiw these images?
thankyou

Jason

:roll:
just posted this and now where the photo was it says photo not found and theres a cat with click for photos on it still cant veiw photo.

hi i have moved this thread to:
project puma mk2 1.7 melina blue as this one got quite messy trying to sort photobucket out sorted it now though.

hi all im putting black diamond brakelines on my puma and so far have done the fronts
you will need

13mm brake line spanner for where pipe joins hose

small flathead screwdriver to take clip out

17mm spanner for big bolt on new brake lines

15mm socket to take clamp off suspension

11mm brakeline spanner for where hose goes into caliper

clingfilm for brake resivoir

dot 4 brake fluid

and a chisel to open old clamp up to pull old hose out and put around new braided line

to start with go around with wd40 to help undo everything
below wd40 on 11mm hose

then wd40 on clamp

then wd40 on pipe to hose

then undo all very slightly so you will know they all will undo when changing
pipe to hose 13mm

clamp 15mm

then pull clip out with flathead screwdriver

clamp off

then with all else undone spin hose out of caliper have braided line ready to go straight back on the black diamond have 2 long lines and 2 shorter note the longer are for the front

braided line into caliper

then braided line into pipe make sure it flows same way as origonal hose put clip in and tighten bolt

seperate origonal clamp from hoses i put in a vice and chseled them out didnt mark them but would not have mattered as they get chucked away anyway

put bracket back on pop braided line in clamp with pliers macking sure there where you want them they had a rubber coler on saying black diamond so put that where it goes through the clamp

then bleed the brakes

i forgot to say take top off the resivoir at the start and create vacum with cling film so youll loose less brake fluid

this is how i done mine i cant take any responsibility if someone does it wrong as i worked it out this way myself.

hope this helps people i will put the rears on here when i manage to do them.

Jason

:p :thumbs: :eek:k:

next i have done for Christine is the rear bumper i have cut it to stop drag as air would gather in the back
so to start with i got my spare bumper as a practice below

Then as i new the layout of the bumpers inards cut mine but left some of the inards to act as a deffuser i had to cut the square pices at the back so air could pass through below

Then i tidyed it all up and used some spare rim blades oer the edges to make smooth and nice below

i have a middle exhaust and twin tip on now from a focus st below

if you can see i have left some of innards from the bumper in to act as a diffuser!

:p :thumbs: :pose: :pose2: :eek:k:

Jason

Hi all just changed the clutch in my puma and had flywheel skimmed and put a focus clutch in anyway.
so put everthing back together and the selector in the gearbox was sezed,
with help i found out how to fix this :
Very simple really undo the filler plug a few turns and also the drain plug then the selector will be fine.:
i know it sounds confussing as the filler at the front of the box and selector is in the rear but this worked for me:
i found this out from someone who had the same issue as me and found what to do by chance he had put new seals in and everthing till he found this out:
So if anyone has a sezed selector i advice to try this as only takes a few seconds to back the allen key bolt and drain plug out.
When i was trying to fix this i looked on hear for help and found a few people thought they had a bent selector that i thought mine could be that but wasnt so maybe if they had tried this it could have worked for them to.
so Anyway i hope this helps anyone else with a sized selector as it costs nothing.
So with that done with mine My puma (christine) is back on the road again.

Jason

:p :cool: :thumbs: :eek:k:

As i had the flywheel skimmed and complete new clutch it is better than ever very soft and performs great and i had planned in advance so had bought a second hand flywheel to get skimmed so the car would be off the road for a shorter time!

Hi all since Ford Fair i have started gathering the next project for Christine to start with
its supposed to be a photo of my new garret G17 turbo

Jason

:p :roll: :roll: :evil:

Brian' said:
[post]364785[/post] Looking forward to your turbo project Jason! The picture above however isn't showing due to Photobucket being silly :(
yep photo bucket is annoying need to look into a nother site for use with photos no parts bought this month as im getting ready for mot

Jason

:p :pose2: :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back