Hey fellow Puma Owners

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its_me2018

Hey guys & girls;

Just thought I would say hi & introduce myself. I'm Steve. I have a 1.7 Puma with the intention of making it a track car. After a very slow start, I have finally stripped the rear part of the interior with just the front seats to go. Hoping to pick up plenty of advice & tips on how to do things.

Cheers

How long have you had yours? I'm picking up my first tomorrow. I'll love to see how much weight can easily be lost to bring it down closer to elise levels.

Gavin;

I've had mine around a year at a guess. Yeah I'm trying to make it as light as poss. Even the heater maybe coming out to save an extra few pounds.

Red

Ta matey

one less thing to leak too. The heater control valve is a plastic body & spigots. Mine had gone brittle over the years, and fell apart on the test drive. Might be easier & safer to bypass the hcv and either link the two pipes together or blank them over further down. Not sure how the coolant flows. I just linked mine together up near the top with a copper 90deg female-female bend for 15mm pipe. Worked lovely, but I wanted the heater back!

Ahh yes. The dreaded HCV. I work in a car spares & accesories shop & do sell quite a few of them to be honest. I'm debating wether to get rid of my heater but I do like my heat especially if its winter time obviously. I'll prob leave it in there to be fair

Latest posts

Back