Retrofitting recaro seats **HERE WE GO AGAIN**

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell Barry! There’s not a cat in hells chance I’m going to even attempt that! I know they’re not expensive cars but I don’t fancy burning it to the ground just yet :lol: is there no way I can trick the pretensioners into thinking they’re the originals?

There is a cheat that you could consider whilst you work out a permanent solution - unplug the Recaro pre-tensioners and then plug in your old ones, not fitted to the seat but cable tied securely. The car will then think all is ok.

If you pull back the carpet on the centre tunnel under the dash, the airbag module is there. Have a look at the part code - does it end AD? I presume your car is a twin bag model? If it’s single bag, it maybe the issue as the Recaro does plug into a twin bag AD module

Nooni_nooni said:
Hmmmmm plenty of food for thought. I will have a look tonight! Cheers

When Barry did his seats he had the same problem where as mine plugged straight in. The build dates of our cars are not far apart. The only difference was Barry’s is a single bag, mine is twin.

What is yours?

XAF said:
When Barry did his seats he had the same problem where as mine plugged straight in. The build dates of our cars are not far apart. The only difference was Barry’s is a single bag, mine is twin.

What is yours?

It does end in AD. Does this mean it should just work when I plug it in??

00E8F1B8-A5DF-4AF8-B876-5F04F71A5CC0.jpeg

red said:
Does your car have a passenger airbag?

Whoops sorry, meant to say, no it doesn’t. Is that my problem??
Thanks for all your help on this everybody, hopefully I will be a bit more experienced after a little time spent with my Puma

Is yours twin airbag?

It’s a bit of an unknown as mine is also an AD, with twin bags and it was a straight plug in.

With the light going off at first, are you sure the plugs/ wiring are all ok? Nothing has been trapped has it?

XAF said:
Is yours twin airbag?

It’s a bit of an unknown as mine is also an AD, with twin bags and it was a straight plug in.

With the light going off at first, are you sure the plugs/ wiring are all ok? Nothing has been trapped has it?

Sorry I’m new to all this. By twin airbag do you mean does it have a passenger airbag? In which case no. I’m pretty sure nothing is trapped but I can check if the wiring is alright on the recaros

Yes, twin airbags here is referring to having one on the steering wheel and one above the glovebox.

I expect the module model doesn't reflect whether it was set for 1 or 2 airbags setup, but this is just a guess.

Latest posts

Back