Puma Swede

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not put my fingers between the door and the chassis if i say so.. :) sounds massive.

Silicon was just some automotive silicone grease i found. quite runny and slippery.

Here is how i had to modify the hole to fit the head unit
yktrFxY.jpg

Head unit installed.
pL8rWiO.jpg

Put some plastic pieces beside the hu to hide ugly metal and such.

The amp mounting in the trunk.
S1MwQZu.jpg

It depends. If just shuting down the car for a short time it only takes seconds but if leaving it a while maybe 15-20 sec. rear camera functions and such are instant thou since its handled by hardware video switching.

Finally got my OBDlink MX and to my surprise it actually works with the hu. The elm 327 adapter i have don't pair up(works with my phone thou)

I am also not very happy with ELM327. MX is supposedly much better all around? Can you do all the diagnostic tests in forscan without problems at all?
How much is the OBDlink MX?

Thanks in advance,

i need some time to evaluate the mx before i could recommend it. i actually lost connection to it today but might have kicked it out of it's socket. Now i'm just using torque but should try forscan and see if that works good with this adapter.

The mx cost me with shipping and all around 120$.. quite expensive.

i have some problem with the mx adapter un-pairing on the bluetooth sometimes. Well later problem. I've started repairs on exhaust front. going to change front flex pipe and a piece of pipe. removing flange coupling since it's rusted into oblivion.

Fixed up the front of the exhaust today.

New flex pipe and 0,5 m pipe afterwards.

the removed pieces..
PFGtYNT.jpg

New
5VqAkjg.jpg

forgot to take a picture with car jacked up.

Also tried a new blend of paint on the fuel filler lid. but still to bright. hm. well back to the paint guy and test some other mixture.

Summer time are approaching :cool:

My headlight plastic lenses where in a quite sorry state.

suYsjOo.jpg

0hCdavx.jpg

So masked the car down and got started with some sanding. 600grain paper and lots of water.
MVPDUV6.jpg

Sanded until I didn't see any yellow colour or deep scratches.

Then 800grain paper
f3tdrdo.jpg

1200 grain paper
PLVpPXz.jpg

After sanding, machine polishing. used almost a whole tube of Autosol chrome polish with a oscillating sander with a foam pad. and some water.
dbAGHDs.jpg

FFPwTws.jpg

And finally some fine car polish and a new pad for the machine
L7U7htn.jpg

Like new ish :)

i think the film was already removed on most of the headlights. but i'll see what i can find to protect them.

ordinary clear coat should have uv-protection. i have some 2k clear coat. that will do i think :)

As you said the lights did get a small tint of yellow over time without protection. they still look alot better than before. but now i'm polishing them up again and this time they will have a coat of 2K.

also added som leds(warm white) in the upper part of lights. think i need a switch for them..

2018-09-11-18.46.14_2.jpg

It was a while since i wrote something here so..

Had an accident with a dear a year ago so had to pull out the front beam to original position. Replace bumper. A tube for powersteering. A New headlight. It's sorted.also did a wheel angle adjustment to check frame. Still square.

Also a some maintanance stuff. New bushes in front. New rear brake cylinders and drums and bearings.
New cambelt, tensioner, water pump, termostat, new brakelines in copper. New braided brake hoses. Flushed cooling sys and oil sys. New air,Oil and pollen-filter. New generator belt. New belt runner. Fresher steeringwheel. And probably more stuff i've forgotten

Also continued the never ending rust fight. Front wheel area wirebrushed and painted to stop some surface rust. Front wing needed some love too and got a new piece of metal in the lower part.

And today i discovered that a sill needs some new metal too. Better to fix before it's just holes with rust inbetween.. it's not that bad but needs a bit of welding. I'll just remove the worst and put some new metal over. Probbably need to replace the sills quite soon before stuff gets out of hand. But until next summer a patchwork will do. And some oil baded rust protection in the sills should slow down the process a bit.

Rear arches still holding up. But he 1k paint seem to have someething wrong with it. It have like small cracks all over. No rust or anything but looks a bit weird. Need to sand down and repaint some day. Probably next summer.

Got a house in the middle of nowhere and have been renovating the shit out of it so the car have not had that much love lately. Soon most of renovating is done so i can do a real oveehaul of the car again.

Ah well. i grinded away all rusty metal in the affected sil and i'm now replacing it. trying fluss welding wire. (gassless) works quite well if you don't need super tidy welds.

Latest posts

Back