Check engine light, door ajar light. + blinker

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noahyoshi

Hi guys I got a ford fiesta from 2000 1.25 zetec S

my question is that I have seen a lot of people that have a check engine light en door ajar light on their dash and I don't have those? Does anyone know how to enable them or check them ? I have the white dasboard. Even when I open the door the interior light will come on and the beeper will go on if I leave the light on.

And my blinker or turner signal wont go off automatic if I steer back and I can hear the clicks... is this normal on a ford or is it defect?
Thanks You

Hi

How do you know you don't have the door check engine/ajar lights on the dash? Because you cannot see them or because they don't light up?
With the Puma, the earlier models didn't have the engine light but I don't know for sure what year that changed. The Fiesta could possibly be the same.

As for the indicator... when you turn the wheel back straight the indicator should cancel itself. There is something on the steering column or on the actual indicator assembly that makes the indicator cancel, again I'm not sure what it is but it is not normal if the indicators don't cancel.

Also how did you end up here on our Puma forum? You're very welcome here of course!

The Fiesta is very similar to the Puma, it would have had a door ajar light being a 2000 I assume it has the digital odometer.
Is the space for it actually there in the instrument panel? It could be that someone has removed it or covered over it in the past after one of the sensors went faulty.

Secondly, yes it should self cancel. This is a common fault on the Puma too, it's usually resolved by replacing the indicator stalks from memory.

Latest posts

Back