Ford Puma Won't Start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Male Gol

Hi There,
This is my first post . Bought a 1.6 Ford Puma in Nov 2018 . Its been decent so far . However yesterday evening when i turned it on for a moment all the dashboard lights came on and suddenly everything went off similar to the feel you get when there is a electricity trips off in the house . Turning off and turning on the ignition did not change the situation. So I stepped out of the car . Locked the car using the remote key and a minute later unlocked it and tried starting . All was good and it worked well . Went on my journey and came back thinking somehow it sorted itself. However today morning when I tried starting , same issue and it refused to start . However this time i was not lucky and the trick of lock /unlocking the car via remote did not solve the trick. Infact the remote key would not work i.e unable to lock or unlock using the remote key buttons now. I had to do it manually by inserting the key .
So the situation now is that
> the Remote does not seem to work
> Car does not start . When turning ignition key nothing happens i.e no dashboard lights , no indicators .
Also additional observation , I don't see the immobiliser light flashing red.
Some more background info if it helps . We have had some bad weather over the past week though the car wasn't driven much except for some 15 minutes journeys in that week.

Any thoughts much appreciated

Did the needles swing across the dials, if so, it's usually a flat/duff battery?

YOG said:
Did the needles swing across the dials, if so, it's usually a flat/duff battery?
Thanks for your reply .
No I did not/don't see the needles swing across the dials

Try going to Halfords and ask for a free battery check, they also do a coil pack test, maybe this.

Also look around and see if the rocker cover gasket is not leaking oil into the spark plugs.

And as one lsat effort start the engine with some throttle as if it has been flooded.

Thanks YOG and Van_Dammesque . Finally decided to opening the bonnet. The issue was that the lead cable that connect the battery has somehow become loose . Upon securing it all looks good.

Latest posts

Back