Lowest Mileage Minter? My New Project.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XAF

Well yesterday was fun.....

We went to the NEC in March to do a show with the FRP and whilst we were there a gentleman came up to me and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a Puma, with 7k on the clock - I hadn't got a purchase approved by the wife but I figured I'd plead forgiveness rather than permission as it sounded too good to be true!

After many weeks of communication, yesterday was the day to go and see if we could get a deal done and see if it was as good as it sounded - cue a two hour drive through the Peak District over some lovely winding roads - shame it was freezing cold, driving rain, gale force winds and I had a trailer on the back!

The car turned out to be as amazing as it sounded. One owner, full history and pretty much perfect - even the steering wheel and gear knob are as new.. Underneath it's very, very clean and tidy with just one little bit of surface corrosion on the lower arch return where the sill and quarter are spot welded together. It just needs a really good clean and touch up. Not one for restoration, it's pretty much as close as you'll ever get to a box fresh Puma. It even smells new. To say I was happy is an understatement - sadly, that meant that my beloved black Puma had to go - and that goes to it's new loving home today. I'm a bit gutted about that but time moves on.

It's been serviced every 500 miles or so, the oil is super clean as is the engine bay. It's a real, genuine, one owner time warp car. It's almost a shame to register it in my name!

Anyway, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....

New Puma by James Suckling, on Flickr

Untitled by James Suckling, on Flickr

Nice one James I though RM's Ex car with 13K would have taken some beating but you've managed to do it. I honestly can't see this one being beaten now.... but you never know. This has to be a trailer Queen now.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Nice one James I though RM's Ex car with 13K would have taken some beating but you've managed to do it. I honestly can't see this one being beaten now.... but you never know. This has to be a trailer Queen now.
Barry

Maybe not totally trailer queen. The roads are too nice between my house and Denby Dale :grin:

Hi James,
Reference car.
Take lots and lots of pictures to create a library for future needs as cars get taken apart and put back together correctly.
Kind regards Ian

:cool: this is awesome James! Nice! even more amazing is that the opportunity presented itself and you were able to take it :grin:

Not sure if this will beat it or not as purely word of mouth

A mechanic friend knows of an early Puma, possibly a 98, in Scotland that has only ever been out of the garage for its yearly MOT, then back into storage again, seems as though it has never yet reached its first service mileage!!

Going digging soon, see what I can turn up :grin:

zinc2000 said:
Not sure if this will beat it or not as purely word of mouth

A mechanic friend knows of an early Puma, possibly a 98, in Scotland that has only ever been out of the garage for its yearly MOT, then back into storage again, seems as though it has never yet reached its first service mileage!!

Going digging soon, see what I can turn up :grin:

Ooh. Find out more! That would be an amazing find

Apparently it is a red one, possibly 98 or 99 and lives in Ayr, which is handy because that is just 16 miles from me, gotta go looking :grin:

wow, this Puma looks like brand new !!! :grin:

a puma look new without rust .... this is my dream :lol:

Latest posts

Back